House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
inflating

Thinking About Cutting Rates To 0.25 And More Qe

Tell you what: Why doesn't the BoE cut even further. How about -1%. So if you bought a house in the boom times they'll PAY YOU to keep your mortgage going. It's more or less what they are doing now anyway. :D:lol:

The oldest central bank in the world recently did experiment with negative interest rates... ph34r.gif

He said the international environment was 'clearly disinflationary' which provides support for further money printing, according to the Mail.

Really?? :rolleyes:

Tell you what: Why doesn't the BoE cut even further. How about -1%. So if you bought a house in the boom times they'll PAY YOU to keep your mortgage going. It's more or less what they are doing now anyway. :D:lol:

Crazy days we live in

Really?? :rolleyes:

Well if he says so ;)

http://www.ifaonline.co.uk/ifaonline/news/2113711/boe-mulls-rate-cut-025-odds-shorten-quant-easing

The real reason if they do more cutting of rates and more QE... does it bear thinking about?

Not really news, both options were widely discussed in the minutes from the last meeting. QE is inevitable, the only question is when, and also possible rates will be cut.

Neither will help much though, UK / World economic problems can’t be fixed by tinkering with monetary policy.

This proposal will come under Dave's "firing up the economy" for sure.

The economy will go cough cough splutter splutter and then there'll be headlines about how fired up it is before the economy does some more withering away.

It's very desperate stuff. It's got its pedigree in all the failed policies used on the UK economy going back decades. That and Nero's economic principles.

Edited by billybong

This proposal will come under Dave's "firing up the economy" for sure.

The economy will go cough cough splutter splutter and then there'll be headlines about how fired up it is before the economy does some more withering away.

It's very desperate stuff. It's got its pedigree in all the failed policies used on the UK economy going back decades. That and Nero's economic principles.

Well, if my saving £20 a month on mortgage payments doesn't drive economic growth into the stratosphere, I'll be shocked.

Well, if my saving £20 a month on mortgage payments doesn't drive economic growth into the stratosphere, I'll be shocked.

I am sure we could all pump up the economy if we spent an extra pound a week in Tesco. Think of the clubcard point!

The Pollies have all got this crisis wrong. It will not respond to more spending or borrowing because the illness is already an inability to pay our debts. Deficit financing is beyong working in the current world environment. Now Dave Cameron wants to hand more money to people who hadn't earnt it to 'kick start the housing market - sell off council homes with ridiculous discounts. Each one sold will be replaced by a new one, he claims. Who will foot the biil for the discount? ......errrm, yes that's right, you the taxpayer.

30 years ago I thought it a good idea, but it left us with fewer social housing units. It also meant only the resaleable stock was sold- the best ones. Then they turn up in the private market and people that didn't earn it move into the rest of the market.

No one has given me or probably you a discount to buy a saleable house and yet I am to contribute to someone else getting it! HOUSES ARE FAR TOO EXPENSIVE AND NEED CONTROLLING - THAT IS THE PROBLEM. That is why the housing market is 'not functioning' Mr Cameron. It would not be difficult to achieve a change to sanity either.

I am sure we could all pump up the economy if we spent an extra pound a week in Tesco. Think of the clubcard point!

The Pollies have all got this crisis wrong. It will not respond to more spending or borrowing because the illness is already an inability to pay our debts. Deficit financing is beyong working in the current world environment. Now Dave Cameron wants to hand more money to people who hadn't earnt it to 'kick start the housing market - sell off council homes with ridiculous discounts. Each one sold will be replaced by a new one, he claims. Who will foot the biil for the discount? ......errrm, yes that's right, you the taxpayer.

30 years ago I thought it a good idea, but it left us with fewer social housing units. It also meant only the resaleable stock was sold- the best ones. Then they turn up in the private market and people that didn't earn it move into the rest of the market.

No one has given me or probably you a discount to buy a saleable house and yet I am to contribute to someone else getting it! HOUSES ARE FAR TOO EXPENSIVE AND NEED CONTROLLING - THAT IS THE PROBLEM. That is why the housing market is 'not functioning' Mr Cameron. It would not be difficult to achieve a change to sanity either.

Best post I have ever read on HPC, thank you.

VERY worried about devaluation of my sterling savings..... VERY worried.

Buy gold and silver when stock market reaches next bottom. It's coming quite soon. Also, USD will for while appreciate against pound as the fallout begins in earnest

Utter muppets. Looks like the road to ruin now. Printing to buy us another 6 months, followed by more printing... :lol:

Failed states and a broken financial system is what we've got. It's laughable how bad things actually are. :blink:

MIRAS ... or some variant of tax relief is pretty much a cert at some point down the line.

The amount of money (bank credit) in the economy dependent upon mortgage lending/borrowing magicking it into existence is massive, the authorities will do whatever they can to make borrowing attractive to keep the credit creation going. Not to mention the fact that if mortgages start defaulting in any significant numbers combined with falling prices it will completely trash the facade of the busted banking system.

They're going to ride the ZIRP/ money printing/ stimulus train all the way to the bottom.

A** post.

Guest spp

Buy gold and silver when stock market reaches next bottom. It's coming quite soon. Also, USD will for while appreciate against pound as the fallout begins in earnest

When currency dies...