House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nixy

William Hague Says Labour's Promised 'money' Never Existed.....

Labour's promised "money" never existed - but the Tories and Libdem's promised "money" does exist? :lol::lol::lol:

Well if he keeps repeating it as pompously and convincingly? as in the past then maybe it'll just appear out of thin air.

That's how it all works isn't it?

Edited by billybong

I think any politician who starts talking about wether or not money exists is on shakey ground.

I think anyone who starts talking about whether or not money exists is on shaky ground.

Because no money exists other than in the trust that someone else will accept it.

Having said that, Labour excelled in the unfunded promise dept.

I'm really confused.

Can anyone help?

Did the QE money exist or not?

Be awful if other tax payers were confused...

The important thing is to blame the deficit on Labour* and not the banking crisis and resulting recession.

They could illustrate this by banning PFI and performing a mandatory buy-out of existing contracts, thus bringing the debt onto the government books and saving a fortune.

*OF course, Labour would never blame any previous Tory leaders for anything, especially those with ancestors from the roofing profession..

but why we should accept it ?is it all by volunteer trust or the compulsory polices of the nation ? without the attendance of the power it make no sense ! ( a bit confused ,myself )

Injin!

btw, welcome to the rabbit hole.

but why we should accept it ?is it all by volunteer trust or the compulsory polices of the nation ? without the attendance of the power it make no sense ! ( a bit confused ,myself ) :ph34r:

You accept it, because you need to pay your taxes with it. If you refuse, they threaten you with violence. Therefore it's backed by force. You don't have an option to pay taxes or not, therefore it's theft. Theft and violence are the lynch pins of the state.

edit: typo

Edited by Traktion

The important thing is to blame the deficit on Labour* and not the banking crisis and resulting recession.

They could illustrate this by banning PFI and performing a mandatory buy-out of existing contracts, thus bringing the debt onto the government books and saving a fortune.

*OF course, Labour would never blame any previous Tory leaders for anything, especially those with ancestors from the roofing profession..

And just to whom IS the deficit to blame, other than the spenders themselves...The Government of course.

Chancellor wotisface was on R4 this morning getting in a right pickle about Growth...IF ONLY he would say for every £ in deficit reduction there will be £ in GDP Lost, he could have had a calm ride. It would be expected then.

The markets can go hang....they are only encouraging more and more debt...and we know thats not a good course.

And look at Greece....they SAY they are cutting the deficit, yet GDP is lower than forecast...OF COURSE IT IS!.

It doesn't take a genius. He's basically saying they borrowed a lot of money to spend i.e. they didn't really have it.

You are confusing matters by getting too technical on the basic point. Presumably because you come from a certain point of view an opinion.

My only point of view is honesty really.

I mean, is it honest to ask for demand something back that did not exist?

Truth has feck all to do with opinion .......... IMHO :)

Bankers lie.

And employ conservative MP's.

Yes .... they (the cons) know so are complicit. .....

........ the rest of them are just dim........... look how easily De Lorian was able to take Wedgewood Ben for a few million.

I think any politician who starts talking about wether or not money exists is on shakey ground.

another difference between left and right is the need, espoused by the right, for money to be reliable and tangible

this is something the left often do not understand, resorting to ridicule and hyperbole when in reality all the right are talking about is some way to honour contracts

It doesn't take a genius. He's basically saying they borrowed a lot of money to spend i.e. they didn't really have it.

You are confusing matters by getting too technical on the basic point. Presumably because you come from a certain point of view.

the left, well many of them anyway, think monbey and the economy is a confidence trick, they don't really understand debt, well they do, but don't really care so long as it is someone else's job to pay it off (with hat tip to RK for pointing out the inevitable default, nevertheless we shouldn't risk this in the first place)

One thing to remember is how often something is announced as being new or additional or extra, and the circumstances around that. There are reams of text analysing the way things were announced under labour...