House Price Crash Forum

Pre-01Campers +Vans London Jan Ban Inside M25

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I've always thought campers pretty overpriced, especially the old VWs . . . and they really are old.

Better to buy one in Germany.

As for the ban . . . I think the comments say it all. It will put a lot of people out of business. Not a problem with the intention, but this is hardly the time to introduce it.

If banking reform will 'hurt the fragile recovery' and can be put back to 2015, where's the case.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Rich Londoners will soon be complaining that they cannot get essential workers, or are being "ripped off" with sky high prices for tradesmen.

I hope so.

My old and rich London landlady complains about this all the time. She regularly has to hire tradesmen from towns 50-100 miles away as she apparently cannot get them within London.

Whenever she starts complaining about how much it costs to maintain her properties, I whip out the world's smallest violin and play her a tune.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

This will add to retail inflation in the inner city!! The likes of Tesco and the rest of them distribute by wagons, if they have had to replace or modify equipment for this useless piece of legislation then you can be damn sure they will be passing that on to the end user.

HOLA449

This will add to retail inflation in the inner city!! The likes of Tesco and the rest of them distribute by wagons, if they have had to replace or modify equipment for this useless piece of legislation then you can be damn sure they will be passing that on to the end user.

No, the regulations require engines to comply with euro 3 emission standards, I would imagine that everything Tesco runs complies with this already, and most of their fleet already run to euro 4 or 5.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

These are the sorts of vehicles which should have been the target of Gordon Brown's scrappage scheme: the commercial vehicles of small and medium sized companies, not the private cars of individuals.

Once every business is running a fleet of post 2000 vans and lorries, then you can bring in a ban on Euro II and earlier engines.

Edited by Diver Dan

HOLA4412