House Price Crash Forum
Perfectionist

Opec Nations Getting Rich & Returning Cash To The West

I guess it wouldn't enter their minds to actually save some of the money or spend it on their own poor or to help stabalise their region or to help third world debt or to find a cure for cancer or to...

I guess it wouldn't enter their minds to actually save some of the money or spend it on their own poor or to help stabalise their region or to help third world debt or to find a cure for cancer or to...

who ? SHELL ? TEXACO ? BP ? Lockheed Martin ?

who are you talking about ?

who ? SHELL ? TEXACO ? BP ? Lockheed Martin ?

who are you talking about ?

I think he is talking about Russia & OPEC countries. Levels of poverty in these countries is disgusting, bearing in mind the wealth some of its citizens and institutions have.

I think he is talking about Russia & OPEC countries. Levels of poverty in these countries is disgusting, bearing in mind the wealth some of its citizens and institutions have.

and who owned all the oil and gas in Russia up until recently ?

the Oligarchs (6 out of 7 of the leading Russian Oligarchs were[ ****** ] ) .

some have fled of course and some are behind bars (Khodorkovsky of Yukos fame) waiting trial.

I agree about Saudi Arabia . the people get little of the wealth.

Gaddaffi and Chavez (both in OPEC ) seem to share the wealth out more fairly.

As for Iraq (who founded OPEC) ? Well we have completely [****** ] it up and we are even thinking of [******* ] up another OPEC country (Iran).

basically these wars are about destroying OPEC,

and who owned all the oil and gas in Russia up until recently ?

the Oligarchs (6 out of 7 of the leading Russian Oligarchs were[ ****** ] ) .

some have fled of course and some are behind bars (Khodorkovsky of Yukos fame) waiting trial.

I agree about Saudi Arabia . the people get little of the wealth.

Gaddaffi and Chavez (both in OPEC ) seem to share the wealth out more fairly.

As for Iraq (who founded OPEC) ? Well we have completely [****** ] it up and we are even thinking of [******* ] up another OPEC country (Iran).

basically these wars are about destroying OPEC,

I thought America was interested in keeping the USD as the default oil currency. Iraq starts accepting Euros for oil and its 'liberated' shortly after. Iran plans to trade in Euros and suddenly they are arming insurgents in Iraq. The US/UK will be 'forced' to liberate Iran shortly, probably in spring 2006.

I thought America was interested in keeping the USD as the default oil currency. Iraq starts accepting Euros for oil and its 'liberated' shortly after. Iran plans to trade in Euros and suddenly they are arming insurgents in Iraq. The US/UK will be 'forced' to liberate Iran shortly, probably in spring 2006.

I think they will attempt it in October/November 2006.

I also think they will fail badly,

I was, indeed, commenting on the wealth of OPEC princes compared to their citizens. If you read the article, it is apparent. War with Iran will happen next year, no doubt.

I did wonder why a lot of small countries didn't start using the Euro as their base currency. So much for the free market!

I very much doubt there will be a land invasion. I do expect several 'double decker bus' bombs and a few thousand cluster bombs because the yanks love to blow off children's limbs ('

god told me to'). And God is of course an American.