House Price Crash Forum

Dress Witches In Pink And Avoid White Paper To Prevent Racism

NatterJackToad

HOLA441

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/8786641/Dress-witches-in-pink-and-avoid-white-paper-to-prevent-racism-in-nuseries-expert-says.html

From the Wicked Witch of the West in the Wizard of Oz to Meg, the good witch from the Meg and Mog children's books, witches have always dressed in black.

But their traditional attire has now come in for criticism from equality experts who claim it could send a negative message to toddlers in nursery and lead to racism.

Another staple of the classroom - white paper - has also been questioned by Anne O'Connor, an early years consultant who advises local authorities on equality and diversity.
Finally, staff should be prepared to be economical with the truth when asked by pupils what their favourite colour is and, in the interests of good race relations, answer "black" or "brown".

The measures, outlined in a series of guides in Nursery World magazine, are aimed at avoiding racial bias in toddlers as young as two.

the hatred these PeeCee do-gooders have for white people is amazing.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I was shocked to day to hear on the news a reference to 'black' bins - in the great weekly bin collection debate - in my mentally challenged authority they refer to then as 'grey' bins.

You can imagine the angst ridden discussion on that one.

HOLA445

The amount of perverse social engineering we subject our children to these days is quite frightening.

What happened to keeping everything the way it normally is in real life and just saying, "everyone play nicely"

Or would that just be too easy :rolleyes:

HOLA446

All I see is both the journalist and 'equality expert' desperately trying to create work for themselves here and justify their jobs.

Like throwing money into black pink hole. But talking about pink holes is sexist. Perhaps a blue hole.

HOLA447
Finally, staff should be prepared to be economical with the truth when asked by pupils what their favourite colour is and, in the interests of good race relations, answer "black" or "brown".

The measures, outlined in a series of guides in Nursery World magazine, are aimed at avoiding racial bias in toddlers as young as two.

Is this from the onion?

Seriously i can't tell anymore.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Archived