House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest growl

Quick Question

Guest growl

Why would a house that sold at the end of June not show up on the Land Registry, when a similar house that was sold in August did, for the same street?

Why would a house that sold at the end of June not show up on the Land Registry, when a similar house that was sold in August did, for the same street?

As I understand it the central LR has to collect data from all the local authorities. Which as you probably know vary a lot in terms of efficiency.

frugalista

The sold sign STC (Subject To Contract) usually goes up once an offer is accepted, the exchange of contract and final completion can take anything to 2/3/4 months, it then will appear on the LR website after this. Cash sales are quicker as mortgages and lenders suveyors aren't needed and can saves about 4 weeks.

Guest KingCharles1st

I'm looking for details of a house that has been sold too.

Can you give me a link to the appropriate Land registry site.

Regards

KC

I have one too. The house I flipped has the last sale recorded twice rather than our sale. I have written to them incase there has been fraud.

Guest Time 2 raise Interest Rates

I also have a query with the Land Registry figures. Does anyone know why the

volume of property sales in England and Wales for the second quarter of this year

fell 27% over the same period in 2004, and also fell 35% on the first quarter of

2005 compared with the same period in 2004.

Oh, it's ok. I've just realised we're at the beginning of a house price crash. :D

Guest growl

Thanks people. Just come back from a car boot sale, and a freind of mine told me it was all down to beurocracy with solicitors and planning permission and could be all sorts of stuff like that. So it seems to tie in with what most of you are saying.

I get my reports from nethouses so the next few months should be interesting. :)

www.nethouseprices.co.uk

www.houseprices.co.uk = free and easier to extract data into spreadsheet

www.rightmove.co.uk = You have to register for free access

www.landreg.gov.uk = The Land Registry , copies of registry £2 , but it will freely tell you the last time the registry was edited for that property , which can be useful .

Edited by Wankan

The house may never show up, for simple reasons of errors in data collection and processing.

My house sale of December 2003 has not shown up, despite other properties a few doors away being sold in the last 12 months and showing up on all the sites like ourproperty, nethouseprices etc.

I would expect at least a 1-5% error rate in just processing the data. I've spent quite a lot of my life working with databases and marketing data, and its just something one has to live with.

Once, I was given a parking ticket. Luckily the parking warden wrote my number plate as Mxx xxx instead of Wxx xxx, so these kinds of mistakes can be beneficial. I think the parking warden must have been dylsexic. And there are probably plenty of dlysxeic estate agents and plenty of dyselxic workers in the land registry. Theres probably a quota for the number of disslecsick people they are supposed to employ.