House Price Crash Forum
homeless

I Just Love This!

The site gives people the opportunity to see how much somebody paid for their house and then see what the value is now.

for people who bought an house and is now lower in value, I was wondering what the psyche of these people is knowing that the zoopla site is getting popular due to advertising ? and so others are looking in on this site and knowing that persons business.

People were openly happy to talk about how much they had made on their house (everybody must have met one of these) at the height of the boom but don't broadcast it when it has fallen,it seems there is no hiding now .

Does anyone have any thoughts on the accuracy / reasonableness of Zoopla's current price estimates? I'm delighted to see that somebody I don't like paid 20K more than he'd claimed for his flat early in 2007 but I was hoping he'd lost more money...

It's different this time.

in the country at, large there grew a dislike of steady labor and a contempt for moderate gains and simple living. In a pamphlet published in May, 1791, we see how, in regard to this also, public opinion was blinded. The author calls attention to the increase of gambling in values of all sorts in these words: "What shall I say of the stock-jobbing, as frightful as it is scandalous, which goes on in Paris under the very eyes of our legislators,--a most terrible evil, yet, under the present circumstances,--necessary?" The author also speaks of these stock-gamblers as using the most insidious means to influence public opinion in favor of their measures;
Out of the speculating and gambling of the inflation period grew luxury, and, out of this, corruption. It grew as naturally as a fungus on a muck heap. It was first felt in business operations, but soon began to be seen in the legislative body and in journalism.

this country is in so much grief, everyone's turned into a Del Boy

- major face palm -

It's different this time.

The havoc that this mindless greed is creating is only just beginning. Just had a drink with a developer mate - his prognosis for house prices over the next 12 months is one of utter woe. :ph34r:

Does anyone have any thoughts on the accuracy / reasonableness of Zoopla's current price estimates?

Sold our flat last month (data not yet released by Land Registry) and Zoopla's current estimate for it is £20k less than we completed on. (about 10% out)