House Price Crash Forum
A.steve

Soros Speaks...

(Reuters) - Policymakers have lost control of the economic crisis and financial markets are forcing the world into a depression, George Soros said on Friday, urging Europe to create a common Treasury, recapitalise its banks and protect vulnerable states.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/09/30/uk-europe-soros-warning-idUKTRE78T2A320110930

I particularly liked the idea that a common European Treasury is the solution... Does anyone think this is politically feasible?

..only with a common all one tax collection system from the start.... :rolleyes:

And a single EU parliament that governs every facet of life for all EU, including retirement age, pension, public spending etc.

Maybe Germany can lead it all. They have six years of experience of dictating to most of Europe.

Financial crisis , countries getting into more and more debt (solving a debt crisis by creating more debt??) , eventually the countries will bankrupt on their loans to the IMF/World Bank thus seceeding sovereign status and passing the nations assets to a small banking cartel of which Soros is a member.They are using the crisis to centralise power in their hands.That much is obvious.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/09/30/uk-europe-soros-warning-idUKTRE78T2A320110930

I particularly liked the idea that a common European Treasury is the solution... Does anyone think this is politically feasible?

"Vee haf six yers to cweate der solushern...er 6 minutes..Soros has a big bet in his mind? Ya? Another ten billion bet, or is it 40 billion vis time? Vee cannot agree on croissants or bierwerst, so a common treasury? Nein"

No chance - too complicated in any time left. Soros knows that and is teasing the market so he can plunder it.

Edited by plummet expert

Im sure the PIIGS will quite like it if they have the more prudent countries guaranteeing all of their debts. Then there will be no need to be have any sound policies.

If Germany is paying, then they might as well spend spend spend.

I saw a Pimco guy today on Bloomberg demanding that Europe 'stop talking and show the markets the money',

It might be worth a global depression just to see c*nts like this flushed down the toilet. The spectacle of the masters of universe bleating endlessly for their next fix of taxpayer cash is sickening.

And a single EU parliament that governs every facet of life for all EU, including retirement age, pension, public spending etc.

Maybe Germany can lead it all. They have six years of experience of dictating to most of Europe.

...agreed ...the rest need their discipline...

As long as no one asks any of the people of europe, probably.

Isn't that the idea ;)

Merkel: "Eurobonds are exactly the wrong solution".

Give it three months...

Practically it won't work.

Agreed.

...the Culture in the rest of Europe will never catch up with German discipline and for such unity progress to continue...well that's a dream...as we can see from the 'Nein Nein Nein' thread ..somebody has switched the lights to ON in Germany:... :rolleyes:

Mr Wulff said Germany itself risks being engulfed by escalating debts. Who will “rescue the rescuers?” as the dominoes keep falling, he asked.

I wish all the politicians the world over would simply strip the investment banks of cash and recapitalise the retail part of each bank and default on the bonds / loans underwritten by the taxpayers and let the feckers fail.

I own quite a few Barclays shares and as an investor I accept the losses this would incur. From day one, I always accepted there would risks with being a shareholder.

I don't see why everyone else should pick up the tab for a business with fraudulent operational practises. We are now paying the price twice for their folly.

I really do believe we are now in the early phases of a depression and things are going to get a hell of a lot worse.:(

I don't see the difference between a common fiscal union, and shovelling taxpayer money out the backdoor via a third party, the IMF, to bailout the banks.

Maybe the fiscal union is a more efficient fleecing machine ?

In the end it is all about throwing the taxpayers into the black hole of derivative debt, debt that may be large enough to consume ALL the taxpayers in europe. The only quibble seems to be how to make the taxpayer sacrifice more expedient.

Im sure the PIIGS will quite like it if they have the more prudent countries guaranteeing all of their debts. Then there will be no need to be have any sound policies.

If Germany is paying, then they might as well spend spend spend.

If you compare the streets of Berlin and the streets of Athens it's pretty clear who is 'paying'.