House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

More Bad News For House Prices: Insiders Are Selling Out

There was some good news for the UK housing market's cheerleaders yesterday.

In August, the number of loans agreed for UK house purchases rose to 52,410. That was up from 49,644 in July. If more mortgages are being approved, that normally means greater demand for property.

Meanwhile, the average UK house price nudged higher by 0.1% in September following a 0.6% drop last month. Prices are still down year-on-year, but the fall has been cut to just 0.3%.

So are things looking up? As you might have guessed, we don't think so. And it's not just us.

Now the 'insiders' want out of the property market.

Full article:

http://www.moneyweek.com/investments/property/uk/bad-news-for-uk-house-prices-insiders-are-selling-14001

It's amazing how the whole massive stinking ship of sh1t hasn't sunk beneath the waves - STILL - after all this time...

Oh.... I forgot --- Held up on stilts by artificially low interest rates - i.e. paid for for the few by the many......

SUBSIDISED & PROPPED UP -- COMPLETELY ARTIFICIALLY.....

:rolleyes::rolleyes: It is BEYOND BELIEF that so many people apparently didn't see all this coming.....

I smelt a rat by 2001 -- even before that actually - but BOY how few people were willing to see the truth... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've seen quite a few BTL properties coming on the market recently.

But I wonder, what of these posters who recently started coming on hpc to tell us about this 'friend' of theirs who will happily rent their property and 'pay their mortgage' as they move out?

Surely they weren't telling lies were they?

But I wonder, what of these posters who recently started coming on hpc to tell us about this 'friend' of theirs who will happily rent their property and 'pay their mortgage' as they move out?

As it was in 2009, is now, and ever shall be..... see my sig ;).

I'm inclined to agree with you.

There has been A LOT of press coverage recently about rising rents. What a perfect time to flog a 2 bed "investment opportunity" "ideal for a working professional".

I've seen two cases of "can't let, can't sell" recently.

Both are big houses near me, both detached 5 bedroom. Both been to let for more than 6 months with no takers. Both changed to for sale signs out the front within the last few weeks. One was up for rent £2500pcm then was reduced to £2000pcm. it's now for sale for something like £700k.

The high rental Market has been dead here for some time. Buy I've never seen this before.

I've seen two cases of "can't let, can't sell" recently.

Both are big houses near me, both detached 5 bedroom. Both been to let for more than 6 months with no takers. Both changed to for sale signs out the front within the last few weeks. One was up for rent £2500pcm then was reduced to £2000pcm. it's now for sale for something like £700k.

The high rental Market has been dead here for some time. Buy I've never seen this before.

Going to be honest.

I've seen for sales quickly turn ToLet and then Let. By the bucket load.

Can't figure out how they will make the sums add up when rates rise, but not my problem.

Going to be honest.

I've seen for sales quickly turn ToLet and then Let. By the bucket load.

Can't figure out how they will make the sums add up when rates rise, but not my problem.

Yes there is a ridiculously high demand for 3 bed family homes to rent here. But the high end and low end seems pretty slow.

No the numbers don't add up. Not unless they're expecting inflation busting capital gains...

Yes there is a ridiculously high demand for 3 bed family homes to rent here. But the high end and low end seems pretty slow.

Interesting.

We could see the reduction in rents starting at the higher level, as people reduce these 'high end' houses to get whatever they can in a bid to stay afloat. This, in turn, would impact rents for the 3 bed family home as people are tempted to spend a little more to get a much nicer house, with more space, which would require the rents for 3 beds to be reduced to make them more attractive. This would then cascade through to the bottom end, I guess.

It'd be nice if it did happen!

Chap from S****** estate agents said that people are reducing their commercial property portfolio sizes. I guess if moneyweek are printing it, then ramping up is becoming the hobby left only to the Express.

Edited by Money Spinner