House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

11 Year Old Boy Undergoing Hormone Treatment To Stop Puberty Because He Wants To Be A Girl

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043345/The-California-boy-11-undergoing-hormone-blocking-treatment.html

'I am a girl': The plight of Tammy, the adopted son of two lesbians who started sex change aged 8 because he has always maintained he is a girl

'As soon as we let him put on a dress his personality changed to a very happy little girl thrilled to be alive'

A boy who started the process of changing sex at age eight has told how he always knew he was meant to be a girl.

Thomas Lobel, who now calls himself Tammy, is undergoing controversial hormone blocking treatment in Berkeley, California to stop him going through puberty as a boy.

His two lesbian mothers, who adopted him aged two, say that they have been criticised by friends and family, but insist they have not forced their son to become a girl.

From the Wail and amazingly no comments!

I would have thought there readership would have had a field day over a story like this.

Although it's an interesting debate about free will and at what point do you become able to decide and can you decide without environmental bias? Is 8 too young or do you know yourself at that age?

Disgusting - sounds like bullying with chemicals thrown in.

I wonder who's paying for it.

Saw similar crap in the UK papers today, repeating propaganda from gay rights organisations that an increasing amount of responses to surveys show people are "unsure" of their sexuality.

Sex is one thing, every time. Sexuality is an ideology.

This doesn't just seem like a whim or a child having a silly day.

If he wants to be a girl why not just let him.

By all means let him its a free country but as long as he pays..

11 years old ?

Didn't even know what my boaby was at age 11 - never mind my sexuality.

What are the odds on 2 lesbians adopting a child who turns out to be a transexual? :blink:

What are the odds that had he been adopted by a hetero couple, then he would not be doing this gender switching?

Also, how does this boy know that he wants to be a transexual instead of a gay man? Is he attracted to men or women, or both? How can he be sure of this at such a tender age?

This doesn't just seem like a whim or a child having a silly day.

If he wants to be a girl why not just let him.

He's just a kid - too young to take such a heavy decision.

That's why we don't let kids vote, or have sex, etc...

I guess I tend towards letting people do what they want if no one else is harmed.

However, I think it's interesting that if an 11-year-old boy says he wants to be an astronaut, we laugh or say 'aww, bless,' but if an 11-year-old boy says he wants to be a girl, well...

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/09/12/mother-of-transgender-girl-says-adults-not-children-taunt-her/

The mother of a ten-year-old transgender girl in Worcester has told how adults, rather than children, taunt and harass her daughter.

The 36-year-old woman, who has not been named to protect her daughter’s identity, told the Worcester News that while the girl’s classmates had largely accepted her, other parents and adults had not.

The ten-year-old was born physically male and has been diagnosed with gender dysphoria.

There's a lot of it about.

Apparently 1 in 600,000 people are transsexual - which means if you do the maths I know about 2.4M people

Some of the transgender people I know are a bit weird. But how do you know if it's because they were repressed from changing their sex early on?

One I know is the most bizarre looking human I've ever met.

Video of a girl here

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/9247451.Transgender_video_made_us_react___watch_it_here/

Does Thailand bring the average up?

In the Uk.

The figure is one I found a few years ago. I don't know whether it increases and people read about transgender as an option.

The danger of allowing two lesbians to adopt a child?

Its possible, maybe he sees that both his parents are women and wear dresses yet he is clearly different so thinks he needs to become a woman to fit in and be more like his parents.

As Tom Baker said on Little Britain :"I was a woman once . . . . or was it twice?"

Same gag works for boffins: "I was a mathematician once . . . . or was it twice?"