House Price Crash Forum

Hurrah I'm Getting A Pay Rise!

Mr. Piddle

HOLA441
HOLA442

Well eventually were all get a pay rise once the minimum wage keeps rising to match those who previously were on a good wage but have not had a rise in years so end being paid the minimum anyway.

Maybe I should just get a minimum wage job, at least then I can look forward to pay rises every year and don't even have to put in any extra effort to get it.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

15p rise in the minimum wage is around 2% - less than inflation. Still a pay cut in real terms.

This increase of 2.5% is massive disincentive to work for those on min wage.

The 2.5% increase is taxed at 32% too.

Inflation is 5%+ and the cost of the cheapest housing has already risen by RPI+0.5% (and the housing benefit), also NI increased by 1% too.

Even taking into account the ~3.5% net benefit of the tax threshold being increased for the full time min wage worker.

£5.93*40=237.2

NI = 11% of ~137.2 = 15.1

Tax= 20% of 112.2 = 22.44

NET = ~ £200

£6.08*40=243.2

NI = 12% of ~143.2 = 17.18

Tax = 20% of 98.2 = 19.64

NET = ~ £206

Inflation is 5%+, and the biggest bill (housing) will rise faster than RPI.

2.53% don't cut it.

The 1.1% and 1.2% rises in the min wages of 16/17 and 18-20 year olds is even worse.

The highest rise was the newly introduced apprentice rate of £2.50 increasing to £.2.60, a 4% rise!

And £2.60 isn't enough for a pint, no wonder your local pub has closed. Your children have barely enough to buy smart price food from ASDA. (when they are doing a retail apprenticeship in shelf stacking for £2.60 an hour).

HOLA446

that will buy then 1.5 squares of a dairy milk bar.

Hooray for stupidity

Don't be so pessimistic. On a standard 9-5 day with an hour for lunch, it's a raise of £1.05 a day. Even after tax and NI you'll still have enough for a full bar of dairy milk (assuming the none of your other living costs have gone up, which Adam Posen tells me is not the type of inflation I should be worried about).

HOLA447

Don't be so pessimistic. On a standard 9-5 day with an hour for lunch, it's a raise of £1.05 a day. Even after tax and NI you'll still have enough for a full bar of dairy milk (assuming the none of your other living costs have gone up, which Adam Posen tells me is not the type of inflation I should be worried about).

thats 3 shillings.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

£6 quid? Haha, what a pile of shit Britain is.

You can't even make a proper meal for the family for £6, unless its filled with salt, sugar and other manufactured crapola.

That's two fingers in the stinkola for the nation, once again.

Thank god for tax credits and the constant turnover the property and financing market makes for the tax coffers. Oh...

HOLA4414

There is no reasonable point working for minimum wage if you do not own a property or live with your parents. Unless it's to better yourself

which is a good enough reason. If you end up eanring £12ph it's probably still better to go work under the 16 hour limit or reduce your income/hours to tax credit

level.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=3121597

Edited by northwestsmith2

HOLA4415

Well eventually were all get a pay rise once the minimum wage keeps rising to match those who previously were on a good wage but have not had a rise in years so end being paid the minimum anyway.

Maybe I should just get a minimum wage job, at least then I can look forward to pay rises every year and don't even have to put in any extra effort to get it.

Many a true word said in jest !!

The NMW is becoming the default wage for many jobs , quite scarey.

HOLA4416

Something in the region of £280~310 extra per year...

Better than nothing I guess <_<

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Many a true word said in jest !!

The NMW is becoming the default wage for many jobs , quite scarey.

Funny enough I was sifting through the local job page today and the amount of skilled labour jobs that are offering this wage is very scary: like a Management Trainee £12,500 p/a! or Barristers PA £13k p/a - and the applicant must have min of 6 GCSEs etc! Employers seem to want an awful lot for not a lot!

Oh and to top it off these jobs are in Bournemouth where homes are 10 times the average income. Crazy!