House Price Crash Forum
Badger

'house Prices Fall At Fastest Rate Ever Across England & Wales'

... although London market continues to flourish

Complete b*llocks.

I've just done my round of Central London and pleasant Fulham and prices are going down quite hard.

I've just seen not one but two 20% reductions in asking prices in Fulham, first time ever. And asking prices of newly listed properties are much lower than they used to be.

Go long industrial detergents.

Complete b*llocks.

I've just done my round of Central London and pleasant Fulham and prices are going down quite hard.

I've just seen not one but two 20% reductions in asking prices in Fulham, first time ever. And asking prices of newly listed properties are much lower than they used to be.

Go long industrial detergents.

Ahhhh Fulham. The recently gentrified area where a 3 bed terraced house is typically priced at £995k

The fall is a disaster for millions of homeowners, who cannot sell their property or can only find a buyer who is prepared to pay far less than the homeowner paid.

Those bast*ards. Woe is me! Home owners are suffering!

Something HAS be done about this!

Edited by sundance_kid

Ahhhh Fulham. The recently gentrified area where a 3 bed terraced house is typically priced at £995k

Indeed, and where people earn average wages of £40,000 ... joyous Fulham ... happy Fulham ...

... doomed Fulham.

<Edit to add: beautiful Fulham, never gentrified actually (another mugging near the Church reported to me on Sunday) ... but always hopeful.>

Edited by _w_

Doesn't Imperial Wharf have a helipad? They've read the runes.

Ah ah! My favourite. The modern council estate known as the 'Imperial Wharf Executive Apartments', the one bordering Beirut Sands End do have a helipad ... across the river. And the bridge that touches said council estate is a rail bridge!

Have no fear though, the building configuration across the river is such that from 'Imperial Wharf' you will enjoy the full eardrum shattering noise of helicopters landing and taking off all day. Should you miss the helicopter generated decibels in between take offs and landings you will be pleasantly assaulted by the sound of goods trains crossing the bridge or planes following the Heathrow flight path.

So from the comfort of your one square foot executive terrace you will always be reminded of others' fast paced jet set lifestyle you so thoroughly deserve but will never enjoy.

Edited by _w_

Indeed, and where people earn average wages of £40,000 ... joyous Fulham ... happy Fulham ...

... doomed Fulham.

<Edit to add: beautiful Fulham, never gentrified actually (another mugging near the Church reported to me on Sunday) ... but always hopeful.>

I went to school in Fulham. Left in 2003 for uni. It was a crime ridden shit tip back then, but some property spectators had started to move in. It's like some weird Chelsea delusion - people gloating to their mates that they are close to Kings Road, but are in fact nearer to the Clem Atlee Estate

I went to school in Fulham. Left in 2003 for uni. It was a crime ridden shit tip back then, but some property spectators had started to move in. It's like some weird Chelsea delusion - people gloating to their mates that they are close to Kings Road, but are in fact nearer to the Clem Atlee Estate

One estate agent actually told me a couple of years ago that Fulham was the new Chelsea. :D

Although this is a very nice headline, how exactly are the falling at the fastest rate ever in England and Wales? obviously they were falling much faster in 08/09.

Not that I'm complaining about the headline of course.

One estate agent actually told me a couple of years ago that Fulham was the new Chelsea. :D

When an economy is built upon such obviously flawed soundbites you know its time to head for the lifeboats.

If London's HPI distorts the national figures so markedly, heaven help the economy should it fall in line; it is the last pit prop preventing the cave-in.

The only thing members of this website ever really wanted was reasonable property prices but because we were ignored we have gone way beyond the point where moderating the excesses would have little impact on the rest of the economy.

Edited by nmarks