House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
talksalot81

Dirty Rotten...

It could also be an executor sale (i.e. solicitor is selling on behalf of someone who has died), this typically happens if the owner has had a will. In that case, all offers on the sale of a property are made public. Nothing wrong here.

'Offers around' the stated price???

Seems suspiciously tentative?

Surely offers over would make sense - if they already have that stated offer in the bag?

Surely offers over would make sense - if they already have that stated offer in the bag?

My thoughts exactly. I think perhaps there is no offer.

But it doesn't state anything about a repo or an executor sale... maybe you guys know something I do not but the advert doesn't inform the reader that there is anything particularly odd about the sale.

But it doesn't state anything about a repo or an executor sale... maybe you guys know something I do not but the advert doesn't inform the reader that there is anything particularly odd about the sale.

Edit that. I wonder what the notice on the window says? Edited by 2buyornot2buy

17 Old Seahill Road, Holywood, County Down, BT18 0EG, Northern Ireland. We would advise that an offer has been made for the above property in the sum of £169,950. Any person wishing to increase on this offer should notify the selling agents of their best offer prior to exchange of contracts. John Minnis Estate Agents, 44 High Street, Holywood, BT18 9AD, Northern Ireland. 028 9042 8888

The quote above is the actual advert. It does state that higher offers will be entertained but I guess the agent doesn't want people throwing spanners into the sale process without good reason.

Edit that. I wonder what the notice on the window says?

I don't know... forwarding address?

All I know is that if I was the one who had put the first (accepted) offer in then I would be less than pleased that my offer was up for public scrutiny and others were being encouraged to mess the whole process up on me whilst I was spending money on survey/legal/whatever.

It could also be an executor sale (i.e. solicitor is selling on behalf of someone who has died), this typically happens if the owner has had a will. In that case, all offers on the sale of a property are made public. Nothing wrong here.

I have seen this type of listing many times before. Usually they are repossessed and the bank advertises the best offer then says it will proceed with the sale unless it receives a better offer within 14 days. The wording in this listing is very different. If that was my offer I would not proceed/waste any money until the wording of this listing was changed or withdrawn.