House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Rightmove Market Trends Updated

Now including supply data for August.

The Sold Properties section is still well out of date. I've asked them twice if we can have an update - they ignored my first email and the second one said that this particular section is only updated quarterly :blink:. Was done monthly IIRC.

Supply round my postcode area is surging ahead and currently 1% below a two year high :D

Just checked my usual sample of postcodes and the number of sales in May is WAY down on previous months. Surely the 'facts aren't all in yet' argument doesn't apply to stats from four months ago? Look forward to seeing the numbers for June, July, etc. Transactions are so low the average price is completely meaningless, being almost randomly skewed by ratio of detached sales vs flats and so on.

Just checked my usual sample of postcodes and the number of sales in May is WAY down on previous months. Surely the 'facts aren't all in yet' argument doesn't apply to stats from four months ago? Look forward to seeing the numbers for June, July, etc. Transactions are so low the average price is completely meaningless, being almost randomly skewed by ratio of detached sales vs flats and so on.

It depends, they might not correct the May figures till they put the next quarter on.

I cracked a smile when I first saw the May transaction figures, then started to think a little and decided they were probably incomplete.

You can check on the Land Registry site.

Figures for my area of interest are trending down nicely into May, but not the catastrophic drop off that the RM graphs would suggest.

However, they are running at around a quarter of the peak monthly transaction rate.

You may find the same for your own area.