House Price Crash Forum
benn

Daily Express

Just caught the end of the press preview on Sky News, Express saying 'House Prices Surge 68%' was I dreaming or was that really the headline in tomorrow's Express?

How on earth can they get away with printing this rubbish, there surely must be a way to complain with this kind of reporting, absolutely crazy!

House Prices Surge by 68%

Over the past decade.... <_<

On page 2 there's news that George Bush's son G.W. Bush plans to run for President after Clinton steps down.

Over a decade that makes it an average of 6.8% a year, hardly stellar. Taking into account falls in property prices are always much more painful as the percentages are based on the higher value the headlines are going to get increasingly desperate.

What next house price rises for the last 50 years, century.

This is a clear sign of panic stations at The Express. Even their own readers will be getting sick of this.

It's amazing they obviously don't have any real news.

.....gold plummets

.....silver plummets

.....GS rules the world

..... Trader says we're all doomed...

Lol

If you don't quote the Express, it won't appear here. Just ignore it. Nobody believes anything the Express publishes. This forum is full of quotes from media, some used as confirmation of what we all knew already was blindlingly obvious, and others about things we all knew were ridiculous. Why bother? The Express is a comic for idiots, written by vested interest spivs and consumed by the gullible and desperate. Rise above it and stop quoting. It is completely irrelevant.

Who the f*** still buys the Express anyway? Even my gran who had been a lifelong Daily Express reader gave up on it 20+ years ago as she said it was getting too silly.

The barbers I go to usually has that day's editions of the Sun and the Express for customers to read. The Sun gets well-thumbed but it's rare to see anyone pick up the Express, and when they do it usually seems to get thrown back down again after a couple of pages.

What does it say about the appeal of the Express that even when a free copy is placed in easy reach in front of half a dozen very bored people they still can't be bothered to read it :rolleyes:

Edited by Neil D Possitt

If you don't quote the Express, it won't appear here. Just ignore it. Nobody believes anything the Express publishes. This forum is full of quotes from media, some used as confirmation of what we all knew already was blindlingly obvious, and others about things we all knew were ridiculous. Why bother? The Express is a comic for idiots, written by vested interest spivs and consumed by the gullible and desperate. Rise above it and stop quoting. It is completely irrelevant.

Good post...the Express is perhaps the worst of all the crap snoozepapers we have today. At least The Sun and The Star know they are bogpaper and pander to the lowest amoeba. The Express, though, for some more reason, has this belief that it is a serious newspaper. It's a joke!

Incredibly desperate. Do you think they are trying to protect property portfolios or just placade the masses?

They are trying to sell newspapers. Nothing more/nothing less

70% of UK people 'own' (and I use the term loosely) a house. A percentage of them will read the headline in the newsagent. They will think 'oh, I am rich' and buy the paper to find out the details.

If you are thick enough to believe the headline then you are thick enough to buy the paper.

Who the f*** still buys the Express anyway? Even my gran who had been a lifelong Daily Express reader gave up on it 20+ years ago as she said it was getting too silly.

The barbers I go to usually has that day's editions of the Sun and the Express for customers to read. The Sun gets well-thumbed but it's rare to see anyone pick up the Express, and when they do it usually seems to get thrown back down again after a couple of pages.

What does it say about the appeal of the Express that even when a free copy is placed in easy reach in front of half a dozen very bored people they still can't be bothered to read it :rolleyes:

You underestimate the opinion-forming power of the gutter press. Why do you think every recent Prime Minister has courted Murdoch so assiduously?

You underestimate the opinion-forming power of the gutter press. Why do you think every recent Prime Minister has courted Murdoch so assiduously?

..the Express is a daily magazine with a limited number of headlines .... :rolleyes:

+1

That is their agenda - simple as that. Print whatever rubbish sells the most papers.

Yesterday the Express had a headline saying we were all going to die from a flu pandemic this winter - so presumably there will be a fall in house prices over the next few months as anyone who is planning to buy over the next few months will be dead by Christmas.

Last week they said we were going to have an early start to winter with snow in October - two days later the Met Office confirmed we were going to have a heatwave in October with temperatures into the 80s.

It really is a joke - even the Star has more credibility!

70% of UK people 'own' (and I use the term loosely) a house. A percentage of them will read the headline in the newsagent. They will think 'oh, I am rich' and buy the paper to find out the details.

If you are thick enough to believe the headline then you are thick enough to buy the paper.

And the others aren't?

The Express are by far and away the biggest rampers. They are also owned by Richard Desmond...who has a £500 million property portfolio.

Join the dots.

Edited by NEO72

its more than childish. its sheer propaganda. they just want to buy that little bit of extra time for themselves so they can get the hell out, and fast. but i fear (chuckles) they are too late. events in europe have overtaken them.

Edited by right_freds_dead

i had a haircut today and they had the daily star or mirror (because its northern) and they didnt really contain any news. i think thats because the average reader of that would panic if the newspaper put the truth in a form they could understand to them. (graphics of the debt compared to the empire state building and so on).

so it was all 80% about super roo. x factor or something else other than news.

titbits was a better read. i cringe to think how easily the nation can be led.

Who the f*** still buys the Express anyway?

Do they still have those free DVD offers? That's my excuse.

That is their agenda - simple as that. Print whatever rubbish sells the most papers.

Or houses in the case of proprietor Richard Desmond.

Or houses in the case of proprietor Richard Desmond.

because the lines in the paper are so gloriously in denial and goes directly against what really good for the public long term, you have to look at this whole newspaper as a carrier for one mans private financial aims and wishes.

with dead jacko stories.

i had a haircut today and they had the daily star or mirror (because its northern) and they didnt really contain any news. i think thats because the average reader of that would panic if the newspaper put the truth in a form they could understand to them. (graphics of the debt compared to the empire state building and so on).

so it was all 80% about super roo. x factor or something else other than news.

titbits was a better read. i cringe to think how easily the nation can be led.

I read the Sun on the tube - it made reference to the new 2.7trillion bailout on page 15. The front page story was about the fact that Gary Barlow was going to make £1m from writing the X factor winner's single in the battle for Xmas No 1. It would be comical if it wasn't so serious!

I read the Sun on the tube - it made reference to the new 2.7trillion bailout on page 15. The front page story was about the fact that Gary Barlow was going to make £1m from writing the X factor winner's single in the battle for Xmas No 1. It would be comical if it wasn't so serious!