House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uk2bkk

Nationwide Online Banking Problem

Just received automated call from Nationwide, check online accounts which have all disappeared.

Call nationwide, operator says it's widespread.

Anyone else affected?

Just received automated call from Nationwide, check online accounts which have all disappeared.

Call nationwide, operator says it's widespread.

Anyone else affected?

They...... they...... didn't ask you for your...... username and password..... did they? (gulp)

They...... they...... didn't ask you for your...... username and password..... did they? (gulp)

Just to add, called the number from the back of my statement, Nationwide operator

said "we would not send out an automated message".

ATM cards all still working.

Upto 5 working days to restore online banking.

Get a decent AV on your computer if you dont have one it sounds like you have some malware which has just worked out your phone number and is doing a fraud on you.

MS Security Essentials is free and does a good job. I dont rate Nortons or McAfee as I have found too many virus and spyware programs on home pc's and some office pc's which should have been prevented, its only becuase they ship with Dells and other pc's that they have the market share.

Avast is another good free one.

we have trusteer rapport as supplied by a bank.

No idea what it does.

What number did it come from?

I was going to say your PC might be compromised with some malware and you might have been a victim of a clever fraud as others have alluded to.

Which does appear to be a nationwide security alert call.

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08453512255

Laptop all clean.

Running Malware, trusteer and AVG all upto date.

Scam appears to be only by the Nationwide, as when I called up she took the opportunity to switch my CC balance to a loan.:lol:

Regardless of what the woman told you on the phone, Nationwide DO use automated alerts.

I signed up for an online fax service last month which tried to take £2 from my card to authenticate me, it was rejected, and my mobile immediately rang with an automated call from Nationwide asking me to listen to the transaction, and the last few, and confirm they were not fraudulent.