House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RDW

Wind Farm Proposal In Burnham Area Are Hitting House Prices

http://www.burnham-on-sea.com/news/2011/pilrow-meeting-26-09-11.php

Nah, it's the prospect of having a 200 ft 'nut frying' pylon in the back garden that's really putting me off. :lol::lol:

http://www.burnham-on-sea.com/news/2011/pylons-decision-due-24-09-11.php

Very affluent areas Mark, Wedmore and the surrounds, the one advantage of living in town with the natives is that no one is going to put one of these fellas in your back garden, the other advantage is it's only a short stroll to ASDA. :P

Still they say it's 'hitting house prices', but I'm yet to see decent evidence on Bee, me thinks these whingers are just whinging.

I'm yet to be convinced that wind farms are anything other than a total waste of money.

Factor in the cost of keeping a separate conventional power station running at all times as a backup and that the season of greatest demand (winter) is also the least windy season and one struggels to see what they are for.

I'm yet to be convinced that wind farms are anything other than a total waste of money.

Factor in the cost of keeping a separate conventional power station running at all times as a backup and that the season of greatest demand (winter) is also the least windy season and one struggels to see what they are for.

Winter the least windy? Usually the most, although like anything else to do with the weather that can't be guarenteed. The last couple of winters, very cold with not a lot of wind, should've really been the end for wind power being regarded as useful in any situation other than the really isolated where unpredictable electricity is better than, and the only practical alternative to, no electricity.

Strange, lots of topics on property prices falling - isn't this what we want? I didn't hear these people complaining when their house prices were inflating at our expense. If it takes one windmill in each person's garden to make property affordable I'm all for it.