HOLA441
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Peston tweeting that this is a hoax. shame.

Some readers have noted that Finisterra seems to look quite similar to Rastani – and if you play the two videos side by side, the two men do seem to have quite similar vocal tones.

If Rastani is a fictional character, the Yes Men have put a lot of work into him: his Twitter account has been active for around two years, while his blog LeadingTrader.com was set up in February 2010.

Not only that, but he's also been quoted in an article on France24 – when he explained the difficulties that people in his native Iran have in trying to find love.

Such intense advance planning wouldn't be unknown for The Yes Men, however – in fact, one of the group's hallmarks is the extent it will go to to pull off one of its stunts.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Forbes on the dude - http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilylambert/2011/09/27/trader-or-prankster-we-called-alessio-rastani-and-asked/

FORBES: What do you think of the attention you’ve received since going on TV?

AR: I think it’s overblown. I have no idea why I’m getting this attention. I don’t think it was news. For someone to say what I said, I thought everybody already knew this kind of stuff. The big players of funds rule the world, I don’t think that was news. And what I said about making money from a crash, obviously not everybody knows about that, you can make money from a downward market. A lot of people just got the wrong end of the foot, misunderstood what I was saying. They thought I was joyful or licking my lips about the idea of making money from people’s miseries. That’s probably the way it looked on the video. But if they watch the whole video, what I was really trying to say is people need to educate themselves about how to do that… what I was trying to say was, look, everyone should basically prepare. I was trying to be the good guy. If this market’s going to crash, then you’ve got to prepare yourself. You’ve got to basically learn how to make money from this. Otherwise you’ll be like I did 10 years ago … I made some huge mistakes 10 years ago, during the dotcom crash. I realized it was a falling knife. I was trying to say look guys, it’s not just for traders, it’s for everyone. They should ask me how to do it, I will help you.

Edited by newbie

HOLA449
HOLA4410

If anyone dabbles in the markets AR is very much like Jordan Belfort, who wrote "The Wolf Of Wallstreet" or Michael Covel "Trend Following" or Guy Cohen (FX trading).

They all have the same things in common:

1. They have something to sell - a trading systems, newsletters, coaching courses

2. Look after their appearance.

3. Are trained motivational speakers - they speak fast and confidentially.

4. They may incorporate NLP - Neurolinguistic Programming.

Directional trading involves a degree of risk of loss, selling a product, virtually none!

Edited by Money Spinner

HOLA4411

It's quite funny how Arsene Wenger has been in the press the last few weeks talking about a financial crisis, a wider one and not just in football, and nobody bats an eye lid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15049604.stm

Then yesterday some unknown slick haired trader comes on the BBC and gives a few sharp one liners, like 'at night ... I pray for a recession', and he has caught everyone's attention.

The Yes Man aspect makes it even more interesting, especially now it turns out to be genuine. It's made it an even bigger story and the relief that some were feeling when they thought it was a prank will now turn into fear.

He is still trending on Twitter. Far ahead of Mr Ed and his speech today.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Amazing that they actually have to issue a statement saying it's not a hoax!

It's like everyone has been fed happy clappy sugar coated crap for too long and reality is too difficult to cope with.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
In the interview Mr Rastani described himself as an independent trader. Elsewhere he claims he's an "investment speaker". Instead of operating from a plush office in Canary Wharf Mr Rastani works and lives with his partner Anita Eader in a £200,000 semi in Bexleyheath, south London. The house, complete with a mortgage from Royal Bank of Scotland, belongs to her not him.

He is a business owner, a 99pc shareholder in public speaking venture Santoro Projects. Its most recent accounts show cash in the bank of £985. After four years trading net assets are £10,048 - in the red.

HPC bingo heaven in that paragraph!!!!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425