House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHERWICK

The Sun Ponders Implications Of Going Faster Than Speed Of Light

I was glancing at The Sun over the weekend (I promise I don't read it regularly! ;) ) and noticed an Editorial commenting on the profound implications of the speed of light being broken...

Apparently the most important implication of Einstein's law being broken is that the ball would be in the back of the net before Rooney even takes the shot!!!

I can add to this: IF the speed of light can be broken, then the current financial crisis would have happened even before any debt bubble, liar loans, low interest rates, CDO packaged sub-rime loans listed as AAA etc. :P

I can add to this: IF the speed of light can be broken, then the current financial crisis would have happened even before any debt bubble, liar loans, low interest rates, CDO packaged sub-rime loans listed as AAA etc. :P

Even at this new speed, it will still take 10 years to see any recovereh. :)

I was glancing at The Sun over the weekend (I promise I don't read it regularly! ;) ) and noticed an Editorial commenting on the profound implications of the speed of light being broken...

Apparently the most important implication of Einstein's law being broken is that the ball would be in the back of the net before Rooney even takes the shot!!!

If the ball was made of neutrinos, the goal keeper wouldn't be able to see it coming, but it would still be in the back of the net after Rooney takes the shot.

I believe they fired them through mountains so I'm not sure a net would stop them. And it all happened so quickly I'm not sure a ref. could give it, even if they were given the luxury of video evidence.

They're a bit like ghosts aren't they? Massless, passing through walls etc. Must be true.

No, and it would go straight through the goalie as well. As the video camera only takes a pic 50 times per second, and in the time between shots, a neutrino would travel about 6000km, the chances of it picking it up would be minimal.

Just went over to the Sun's website and reminded myself why I never read the paper.

I dont like the Hadron Collider! In my opinion, they are messing with things we are never meant to understand! If i had my way, the thing would be blown to pieces. How does opening a black hole in a room in the middle of Sweden (or wherever the stupid thing is) help us? No! Im sorry, but it wouldnt surprise me if these scientists and their meddling in nature causes the end of humanity!

http://www.thesun.co...uclear-war.html

Is there any chance of testing this theory by putting Ed Balls and Harriet Harman in a spaceship and hurling them through outer space for 1,000 years.

I vote this post of the year!

Unfortunately we haven't yet developed suspended animation chambers

poa1c.jpg

Harriet Harm-man after 1000 years in space

But I don't think that's necessarily a deal breaker. :D