House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Libertine

New Rightmove Tactic

Apologies if posted already but this has really got my goat in the last few days.

I always search Rightmove based on properties listed in the last 24 hours. This week I have noticed that the search results always pick up a high number of new properties that are immediately listed as 'Sold'. This only appears to have been happening this week and, in two years of using the site, I've never seen it before.

Surely this is just a pitiful tactic to try and fool any new users into thinking that things are still shifting like the proverbial warm scones :rolleyes: Anyone else getting the same in their area ??

.....unless of course the markets really picked up in anticipation of the halloween bounce :ph34r:

Guest The_Oldie

I think they've made it so that any change makes it a new listing. Revised price, new photo, sold subject to contract..........etc...etc

I noticed on my land searches that the area coverage hase been dropped from 20 to 10 mile radius.

Emailed them , no answer yet though.

D :angry:

Halloween Bounce!!!!

AHahahahaha!!! Laughed out loud - brilliant! - Make a t-shirt!

Perhaps a Halloween party is in order - I want to come as Phil Spencer.

Don't forget the Winter bounce (or Summer for the Aussies), Christmas Eve bounce, the Christmas Day bounce, Boxing Day bounce, New Year's Eve bounce (must buy before the end of the year...), New Year's Day bounce (resolution to buy a house), Australia Day bounce (even if you don't live in Oz), and then the big one... the Spring Bounce! And then there's the Easter bounce...

:lol:

Don't forget the Winter bounce (or Summer for the Aussies), Christmas Eve bounce, the Christmas Day bounce, Boxing Day bounce

Here's another type of Bounce :

bounce.jpg

:lol:

Halloween Bounce!!!!

AHahahahaha!!! Laughed out loud - brilliant! - Make a t-shirt!

Perhaps a Halloween party is in order - I want to come as Phil Spencer.

I've already copyrighted ' Halloween Bounce' Unfortuneately I could not spell 'Haloween' :rolleyes:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...haloween+bounce

"I'm down ther road in Chester & i've seen some similar major delay tactics in finishing the yuppet flats on the canal, most likely praying for the spring/ summer / haloween bounce"

I noticed on my land searches that the area coverage hase been dropped from 20 to 10 mile radius.

Emailed them , no answer yet though.

D :angry:

That really pissed me off. I was collecting and posting (on this site) the changes in listing numbers for crap under 110K over 14 days (they have gone up markedly over the last couple of months). It was my hobby, to watch the levels of dumping of crap onto the market. Now they have stolen my tool :lol: I don't mean to be big headed but it was just after I started posting them here so I wondered whether they were reading this site and panicking :ph34r::o

EDIT:

But once in a while they bring the 40M radius back (for a day or two - like tonight). So any one who doesn't believe that the process is in swing, I know its really dry and people prefer annecdotes, but heres the evidence.

Bear in mind that for the 6 months preceeding these figures there were never more than 960 properties listed in this 'rubbish range'.

Date Listings over 14 days

This was the day after Trevor McDonald did 'Repossession, Repossession, Repossession

13/09/2005 1018

20/09/2005 1196

27/09/2005 1276

08/10/2005 1851

Edited by Elizabeth

I think that this is more common than we think. Our local EA, Daniels in sudbury have listed a property (107 Fairway, North Wembley) as sold. The property has just gone onto two other agents books as available. A phone call to the agents confirms that the property is still available.

Thread http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=17004 explains