House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Ed Balls Says Will Pay Down Debt With Bank Cash

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-2040049/Ed-Balls-Yes-I-wore-Nazi-costume-friends-decided-I-dictator.html

Yes, I was photographed in a Nazi outfit when I was a student.

We had a big dispute with the college in the summer of 1987 over rents. The Junior Common Room wanted a zero per cent rise, but as president I said I wasn’t going to argue for an impossible position. At the Christmas dinner, the members decided that the committee should be required to wear costumes. Mine was chosen by them. They decided I was a dictator. When you’re 20, and it’s the Christmas dinner, do you make a stand as a matter of principle, or do you go along with it? I went along with it. Everyone has their regrets, I’m sure.

We were accused of charging our wedding guests, but that’s unfair.

The Eastbourne hotel said, ‘The normal room rate for a weekend off-season would be £50 a night bed and breakfast – but given that you’re going to have the whole wedding here, we’ll reduce the price to £20.’ We said, ‘Well, in that case, the reasonable thing for us to do is to reduce the room rate to £29 for guests and use the other £9 to help us pay for this expensive wedding.’ We sold all the rooms. We were hard up and we had to make it work. I don’t regret it for a second.

So his Uni mates thought he was a dictator and he had an expensive wedding and charged his guests for the privilege, he'll make a wonderful leader.....

Even here he's spinning a 0% rise, he just can't resist can he.

There's 50 pence off the national debt (that he helped create) then...

I don't know why anyone gives this guy any time. There's a few pics of him on the BBC site looking tough. No style, no substance. A remnant of the joke that was the previous government.

Hmm. How much is UKGOV down on its 'investments' - 50%?

There does seem to be a bit of of Ed Balls campaign going on at the mo.

Can't stand the man.

I wonder whihc way the Labour conference will go?

Its probably Labour's make their mind up time.

Labour - party of the working man

or

Labour - party of the public sector worker and client state.

Hmm. How much is UKGOV down on its 'investments' - 50%?

There does seem to be a bit of of Ed Balls campaign going on at the mo.

Can't stand the man.

I wonder whihc way the Labour conference will go?

Its probably Labour's make their mind up time.

Labour - party of the working man

or

Labour - party of the public sector worker and client state.

Whether it be for Public Sector or the Working man, the Labour Party lost me as a voter as a result of the Iraq War. In fact I haven't voted for any of the 3 main parties ever since. I exercise my democratic right by deliberately spoiling my ballot paper at any election. I advocate everyone else to do the same. I don't care about them any more. It's all about Banks and Corporatism. Politics in this country is a sham.

Whether it be for Public Sector or the Working man, the Labour Party lost me as a voter as a result of the Iraq War. In fact I haven't voted for any of the 3 main parties ever since. I exercise my democratic right by deliberately spoiling my ballot paper at any election. I advocate everyone else to do the same. I don't care about them any more. It's all about Banks and Corporatism. Politics in this country is a sham.

Voting Labour in the first place shows lack of judgement. By the way, there's no need to spoil a ballot paper, just don't vote.

The thing is he can come out with that sort of kite flying rubbish confident in the fact that nobody in the mainstream media or likely in any of the political parties will really pick him up on it or examine the statement on the sense of it.

It's such a club.

Voting Labour in the first place shows lack of judgement. By the way, there's no need to spoil a ballot paper, just don't vote.

I will always vote. Spoiling my paper and writing 'None of the above' gives me a very nice sated feeling - a kind of total rejection for all of 'em. People who don't physically get off their backside and vote by spoiling their papers are missing out on this lovely act of vengeance :)

I will always vote. Spoiling my paper and writing 'None of the above' gives me a very nice sated feeling - a kind of total rejection for all of 'em. People who don't physically get off their backside and vote by spoiling their papers are missing out on this lovely act of vengeance :)

If it makes you happy, go for it, at least you're not voting Labour again.

If it makes you happy, go for it, at least you're not voting Labour again.

Nor Conservative or Lib Dems....but, yes, as long as Tony Bliar, Mandelson, Alistair Campbell, jack Straw and all the other Iraq tainted tosspots are still alive, certainly not New Labour.

Ed Balls to pretend we've never met

ED Balls will today attempt to convince Britain that we have him confused with that smug little ***** who ruined everything.

Gordon Brown's former scrotum buffer will then hand everyone in Britain a business card which says 'Ed Cooper, problem solver."

"The Eastbourne hotel said, ‘The normal room rate for a weekend off-season would be £50 a night bed and breakfast – but given that you’re going to have the whole wedding here, we’ll reduce the price to £20.’ We said, ‘Well, in that case, the reasonable thing for us to do is to reduce the room rate to £29 for guests and use the other £9 to help us pay for this expensive wedding.’ We sold all the rooms. We were hard up and we had to make it work. I don’t regret it for a second."

What a piece of work. If I had been one of his guests and found that out I would not have gone, asked for my money back, asked for my gift back and never spoken to them again. You don;t invite people as your guests and try and profit from them. This speaks volumes about the type of man he is.

"The Eastbourne hotel said, ‘The normal room rate for a weekend off-season would be £50 a night bed and breakfast – but given that you’re going to have the whole wedding here, we’ll reduce the price to £20.’ We said, ‘Well, in that case, the reasonable thing for us to do is to reduce the room rate to £29 for guests and use the other £9 to help us pay for this expensive wedding.’ We sold all the rooms. We were hard up and we had to make it work. I don’t regret it for a second."

What a piece of work. If I had been one of his guests and found that out I would not have gone, asked for my money back, asked for my gift back and never spoken to them again. You don;t invite people as your guests and try and profit from them. This speaks volumes about the type of man he is.

A friend of my OH is getting married at some big posh hotel. The whole place is booked up just for the wedding.

If we want to stay overnight we can book a room and I'm sure he said they get a discount for every room booked.

Are we staying the night? Suspect not.

If you can't afford to pay for an expensive wedding, then don't have one -- nothing wrong with a simple ceremony. There's something very New Labour about the whole thing: I can't afford something frivolous, but I'm going to do it anyway, and push all of the expense off onto others in an underhanded manner.

so, the banks make a fortune selling us our national debt, and somehow, the "profits" from doing so will pay off the capital???

Rather than eating its own tail, the snake should change its diet to good, nutritious Politicians

Spoiling your ballot sends out a message that you took the time to vote and disagree with what the parties are offering. (That, or you are mentally challenged and incapable of voting properly).

Not voting sends the message that the politicians can continue to get away with their crap and that you will continue quietly acquiescing to it.

+1

The banks are bust - they have a negative NPV.

The banks are a liability for the taxpayer, not an asset

I dont know why people make a fuss about others dressing up as Hitler at a fancy dress do.

But, when Balls tells us that he didn't choose it, others voted for him to wear it, rather than making it less of a problem for those poor souls who get upset at this sort of thing, it makes it clear that ven at that early age, others saw in him something that reminded them of Hitler.

P.s As the song goes, 'Hitler, he only had one ..............'