House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Self Employed Youth

Drug Testing Welfare Recipients And Corruption In The Ol' Us Of A

Seen this status posted a lot recently...

Drugs Test (This was written by British Soldier- What he says makes a lot of sense!) I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay , I train for war and eventually deploy. I am required to pass a random urine test… for drugs l, with which I have no problem. ... What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a benefits cheque because I have to pass one to EARN IT for them? Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their **** drinking beer and smoking dope. Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque? Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete it if you don't. Hope you will pass it along

Anyhow I ended up arguing about our invasion of Afghanistan (which led to record crops of opium year on year - British troops stationed in the fertile valleys and opium growing region of HELMAND no less, where the majority of Opium has been grown!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Afghanistan_map_-_security_by_district_and_opium_poppy_cultivation_by_province_2007_-_2008.gif)

About the Taliban banning opium growing and heroin production (practically killed off the trade), and how the soldier only has a job because of the drug trade in the first place, and if it wasn't the demand for drugs (and the reduced supply due to the Taliban), we'd have never invaded and he wouldn't have had a job in the first place, as this theoretical British soldier is being paid out of taxes in the first place...

Ironically, the person who posted it, is someone on benefits whom I have smoked cannabis with in the past! laugh.gif

Funnily enough I nearly ended up in the RAF myself, and lost out on a job as an ATC in Afghanistan back in 2005 as I failed the interview after admitting to my drug use!

Anyhow I dug into the 'propaganda status' as I'm sure I'd seen it posted before by American friends. Found a lot of American forums with the same message from back in 2009.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/job---urine-test/blog-43406/

Turns out, that Florida now tests welfare recipients for drugs. (As of this Summer)

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2090871,00.html

Even better, their politician (Governor), who enacted the testing law, owns the company that does the testing! (Although he has now transferred the company into his wife's name) He's worth $218 million, and a third of his money is in the 'wifes' comapny, 'Solantic'.

http://www.mulliganslist.com/-2/posts/13_News_Entertainment_/308_Headlines/11827_Gov_Rick_Scott_Solantic_and_conflict_of_interest_What_s_the_deal_.html

Seen this status posted a lot recently...

Drugs Test (This was written by British Soldier- What he says makes a lot of sense!) I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay , I train for war and eventually deploy. I am required to pass a random urine test… for drugs l, with which I have no problem. ... What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a benefits cheque because I have to pass one to EARN IT for them? Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their **** drinking beer and smoking dope. Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque?

I agree wholeheartedly with the soldier. If service men and women have to pass a drug test to continue being paid by the Treasury, then it's patently obvious that benefits claimants should have to pass one to prove they're not wasting OUR money on ILLEGAL drugs. Otherwise, could the government/Treasury not be accused of aiding and abetting a crime?B)

Clearly the soldier had a job before the war in Afghanistan - he was probably employed about the time we were fighting in Iraq for the oil.:ph34r:

Only problem is those docile drug users might turn to the legal drug alcohol and become more violent and disillusioned with society tearing it up. :D

Lets face it you dont see illegal drug users smashing up the town centres and each other every weekend like you do with the legal drug users aka those consuming alcohol?

Likewise sign of the times. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2042283/Club-drugs-NHS-opens-clinic-club-drug-users-number-addicts-keeps-climbing.html

Cannabis, no. When i was drinking regularly though, the real dangerous ones were the ones known to do some coke as well as drinking.

Only problem is those docile drug users might turn to the legal drug alcohol and become more violent and disillusioned with society tearing it up. :D

Lets face it you dont see illegal drug users smashing up the town centres and each other every weekend like you do with the legal drug users aka those consuming alcohol?

Likewise sign of the times. http://www.dailymail...s-climbing.html

Firstly, how do you know that illegal drug users do not use alcohol too, and smash up town centres?

Secondly, like it or not, alcohol is legal.:(