House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
_w_

Stephen Zarlenga's The Lost Science Of Money

Here's my latest book recommendation:The Lost Science of Money by Stephen Zarlenga

The knowledge I gained took me from monetary ape to early bronze age man. 10 million years of evolution with one book.

The key benefit for me is the historical perspective the book provides which is totally fascinating in itself. But it also provide a context which helps explain why things work the way they do today.

It's priceless. If you have the time, you must read this book.

Here's a review I came across for info: http://www.cooperativeindividualism.org/dodson_review_of_zarlenga_on_money.html, I'm sure there are more out there.

CHAPTERS

1. The Origins of Money Systems

2. Rome's Bronze Nomisma: Better Than Gold

3. A Monetary View Of Rome's Decline

4. Re-Instituting Money In The West

5. Crusades End Byzantium's Monetary Control

6. Renaissance Struggles For Monetary Dominance

7. The Scholastics - The Moral Economists

8. 1500 - History's Pivot: Power Shifts From The Mediterranean To The North Sea

9. The Rise Of Capitalism In Amsterdam

10. Transferring Capitalism To England

11. Hatching The Bank Of England

12. Political Economists: Priesthood Of The Bankers Theology

13. The Usury Debate Continues

14. U.S. Colonial Moneys

15. The Money Power vs. The Constitution

16. U.S. Government Money vs Private Money

17. The Greenbacks: Real American Money

18. Nineteenth Century Monetary Crimes - The Great Deflations

19. Establishment Of The Federal Reserve

20. Federal Reserve System Wrecks America

21. Germany's 1923 Hyper-Inflation Under A Private Central Bank

22. International Monetary Organizations

23. The European Monetary Union

24. Proposals For U.S. Monetary Reform

Edited by _w_

I've read the book (downloaded it from the intaweb) and it was really enlightening on what money is, how it works and how it can be manipulated.

Another book to recommend - Debt - The first five thousand years by David Graeber.

Edited by Setantii

Here's my latest book recommendation:The Lost Science of Money by Stephen Zarlenga

The knowledge I gained took me from monetary ape to early bronze age man. 10 million years of evolution with one book.

The key benefit for me is the historical perspective the book provides which is totally fascinating in itself. But it also provide a context which helps explain why things work the way they do today.

Here's a review I came across for info: http://www.cooperativeindividualism.org/dodson_review_of_zarlenga_on_money.html, I'm sure there are more out there.

Thanks for the review. Have you read Rowbothams's Grip of Death?

shame its a pricey one, is it on e-reader ?

£35 +

http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac=sl&st=sl&ref=bf_s2_a1_t1_1&qi=20pe1V7Q.gy3HMdz0zli2lvgavc_8683010080_1:1080:1819&bq=author%3Dstephen%2520a%2E%2520zarlenga%26title%3Dlost%2520science%2520of%2520money%2520the%2520mythology%2520of%2520money

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1930748035/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1316879627&sr=8-1&condition=new

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship