House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Self Employed Youth

Pay £10 Each To Fund Building Of Homes For B2L Investor

A property tycoon's company has bought half the Olympic Village at a knock-down price, months after making a £50,000 donation to the Conservatives.

Jamie Ritblat's firm Delancey purchased the site where the athletes will stay during the Games for £557million – an estimated loss of £275million to taxpayers.

The investment could net the firm enormous profits, experts say. It plans to let out most of the 1,400 homes.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2041229/Tory-donor-Jamie-Ritblat-snaps-Olympic-Village-knock-price--costing-275m.html#ixzz1YpQ47fQl

I make that a subsidy of about £10 per UK worker. ph34r.gif

Bloody hell, they actually put my comment online...

Hi Jamie.

As a patriotic investor in the UK Olympics you will no doubt want to share your 300m windfall with the rest of the 30m UK taxpayers who have stumped up the cash for this historic event. Please let us have your address so we can thank you personally when we drop by to collect our £10 dividend. I don't know about anybody else but personally I'm SO looking forward to meeting such a wonderful philanthropist who understands exactly where his money comes from and is eager to reward his fellow patriots.

Yours, Everyone Who Ever Paid Tax So You Can Have A Big Yacht

Edited by salamander

Bloody hell, they actually put my comment online...

Hi Jamie.

As a patriotic investor in the UK Olympics you will no doubt want to share your 300m windfall with the rest of the 30m UK taxpayers who have stumped up the cash for this historic event. Please let us have your address so we can thank you personally when we drop by to collect our £10 dividend. I don't know about anybody else but personally I'm SO looking forward to meeting such a wonderful philanthropist who understands exactly where his money comes from and is eager to reward his fellow patriots.

Yours, Everyone Who Ever Paid Tax So You Can Have A Big Yacht

It's doubtful he'd get the irony. Ripping off taxpayers is called 'business acumen' by these captains of industry.

The best thing about it, is many of you on here are providing the funding for buy to let landlords to outbid you for housing by depositing your money in banks and building societies which do not build, they offer the B2L products which outbid you.

You need to vote with your money. £1 = 1 vote.

I voted with £500 of my money. I am but a young man with little savings. But some of you one here, you can force these institutions to change. Together you can MAKE A DIFFERENCE, you can FORCE THE PRICE DOWN.

I'm surprised there isn't a HPC building society yet. Together, people are stronger. Pooled resources. Especially when the objective for members is the same.

Hell, you could allow for philanthropic housing, undercut local authorities and housing associations. Younger members might not be able to provide capital, but I could sure as hell work for free.

Apparently they've all been built without kitchens! Nice bit of forward thinking by the Olympic authorities that. :D

Better give the guy a refund to get them properly kitted out then.

It sounds like there's more at stake than just a £50,000 contribution to party funds in that deal.

More than likely a few jobs and consultancies for Ministers and MPs with the developer or developers bankers in due course - if not right now - who knows and what else.

Edited by billybong

No wonder the room literally resounded with cheers and applause together with all the dancing around and hugging each other when London was announced as getting the 2012 Olympics. How many were linked to property developers.

Apparently they've all been built without kitchens! Nice bit of forward thinking by the Olympic authorities that. :D

What kind of old fashioned morons need kitchens!

The socially aspirational will be living exciting lifestyles that do not need kitchens.

Space for a microwave is all that is needed in 21st Century Britain. I hope you are not expecting people to be doing something as old fashioned as 'cooking'?

Why cook when you can pay a premium for some questionable crap in a microwavable tray?!

:blink:

The best thing about it, is many of you on here are providing the funding for buy to let landlords to outbid you for housing by depositing your money in banks and building societies which do not build, they offer the B2L products which outbid you.

You need to vote with your money. £1 = 1 vote.

I voted with £500 of my money. I am but a young man with little savings. But some of you one here, you can force these institutions to change. Together you can MAKE A DIFFERENCE, you can FORCE THE PRICE DOWN.

I'm surprised there isn't a HPC building society yet. Together, people are stronger. Pooled resources. Especially when the objective for members is the same.

Hell, you could allow for philanthropic housing, undercut local authorities and housing associations. Younger members might not be able to provide capital, but I could sure as hell work for free.

This is a good point. Is there an HPC plan other than just bitching on forums, signing the odd petition and posting comments in the Daily Maily and Telegraph comments?

Who needs kitchens? Surely there are many canteen facilities for the athletes during the games, just turn the whole place into some sort of homeless/destitutes shelter afterwards. Could be corporate sponsored or something. Better still, debtor's prison for the oncoming "re-balancing" of the economy.

A property tycoon's company has bought half the Olympic Village at a knock-down price, months after making a £50,000 donation to the Conservatives.

Jamie Ritblat's firm Delancey purchased the site where the athletes will stay during the Games for £557million – an estimated loss of £275million to taxpayers.

The investment could net the firm enormous profits, experts say.

And back in the real world he could be looking at a loss.

The bid was an open tender and if he was the highest bidder WTP?

As I said the last time this was discussed, I'm surprised that anyone was mug enough to pay this much for them.

So the Olympic committee made a lose, they were built to house international athletes in the style that they require and need converting into flats for "real" people. If that means they cost more to build then they can be sold on for that just how it is

tim