House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

right_freds_dead

Neutrinos Faster Than Light ?

i doubt they used fibres to carry light for comparison, they probably used the gps satellites that have atomic clocks built in and compared the departure and arrival times of the neutrinos with the radio pulses and corrected for differences on distance

either that or two empty bean tins and a piece of string...

I can see how this plays out now, we've just been given the plot to Terminator 6.

Now that the speed of light has been breached time travel is possible so some time next week Arnold Schwarzenegger appears in a shiny silver lightning ball with a suitcase stuffed with trillion euro notes and saves the global economy from the rise of the spreads.

I can see how this plays out now, we've just been given the plot to Terminator 6.

Now that the speed of light has been breached time travel is possible so some time next week Arnold Schwarzenegger appears in a shiny silver lightning ball with a suitcase stuffed with trillion euro notes and saves the global economy from the rise of the spreads.

or

Now that the speed of light has been breached time travel is possible so some time next week a shiny sattelite bursts through the atmosphere again and again.

or

Now that the speed of light has been breached time travel is possible so some time next week a shiny sattelite bursts through the atmosphere again and again.

Explains how that jackboot can stamp on that chaps head, forever.

i do hope they took into account he curvature of the earth ? the light would travel OVER land, but the neutrinos would have cut through the earth. dumbasses.

Actually light only travels in straight lines so it doesn't matter, unless they are reflecting it.

If they travelled faster than the speed of light then wouldn't they have effectively gone back in time?

Edit: and wouldn't the mass of the neutrinos become rather large at that speed?