House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redwine

8 Year Old Kids Cage Fighting In Preston

BTW This made national news headlines in France today and probably all over the world

I saw part of the interview on the news. Father was justifying his son taking part as otherwise he would be on the streets causing problems or some other nonsense.

I don't think the fight was any worse than kids judo competitions - the drunken, baying mob was the part that bothered me.

I don't think the fight was any worse than kids judo competitions - the drunken, baying mob was the part that bothered me.

This.

My son is 6 and does both kick boxing and Taekwondo. I don't let him spar, but some parents let their kids and I have to say it's all very well controlled and looked after. But the thought of putting kids in a cage to fight in a working mens club is just mental. I guess they didn't even do this stuff in the 19th century.

We used to do wrestling like WWF - even though of course the WWF show said don't mimic us! Everyone had Sky back then, and everyone wanted to be the Ultimate Warrior or the Undertaker!

It will seem quite alien to some but if these kids have a tendancy to fight why not? Its probably alot safer for them to do it in this environment than a gang environment around town in an unsupervised situation.

It might be a way to help nip gangs in the bud, but as its never really been tried before why not give it a go as a possible solution to sorting out gangs?

And afterwards we could send them up'th chimney to do a bit of sweeping. Nah, to me it's just plain sick. These youngsters will end up being the obnoxious school bully. The next logical thing, if you want them to fight, is to fast track them into the army at the age of 10. Seriously, anybody who gets any pleasure watching this sort of thing is an headcase.

I dont derive any pleasure from watching them but to deny human behaviour is positively naive, kids will always fight to one degree or another just like humans will always have sex.

Likewise what makes you think they will become the next bully?

To use your logic, at the moment this cage fighting isnt common place so we could say in one sense it doesnt exist and yet bullying is at an all time high so you deny the existance of bullies. Counter my arguement becuase you cant deny human behaviour.

All I am suggesting is that cage fighting is a way to bring unsupervised fighting into a supervised environment instead of just trying to ban it becuase not everyone is the same.

Do kids fight? Yes or No.

Is it safer to have dangerous activity in a controlled environment? Yes or No.

I think your Pitbull's may need feeding....

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/garethadavies/100019801/the-ignoranti-namely-the-bbc-and-sky-condemn-mma-and-boxing-yet-make-fools-of-themselves/

The moral outrage was risible. A video of two boys grappling in a cage, ringcard girls, and a crowd cheering. No question there were things out of place here. But this wasn't mixed martial arts. Or 'cagefighting', as it is referred to on the high moral ground of news pages.

Sky and the BBC's newsdesks both went in search of experts to explain what we were seeing. The problem is that they don't have anyone who does actually report on the sport.

Both the BBC – and Sky News had reports on it today, and indeed, one of my colleagues at The Telegraph wrote on this matter. I feel sure that they have never seen or been around the sport, or ever reported on it. It is wholly untrue that the sport has 'few rules'.

They are there, deep and complex.

Look closely at whether the children in the video – and they are clearly children – are actually involved in combat. They are not. They are grappling, and their work is a mixture of wrestling and jiu-jitsu, a form of Brazilian-Japanese floor combat, designed to help a small man fight a bigger man. This is not MMA.

Take away the cage, the ring card girls, and put a gi on the boys, and there would have been no interest in the news pages in this story. What it is not – is mixed martial arts.

The BBC did a pretty balanced piece on this. My view is that there's no problem with the kids wrestling but the venue was inappropriate.

A good cheap Paedo's night out.

I saw part of the interview on the news. Father was justifying his son taking part as otherwise he would be on the streets causing problems or some other nonsense.

At least the fathers there. Pretty rare nowadays.

On the other hand, seeing most of these 'absent' fathers, 99% of the time I think its best they are 'absent'

The BBC did a pretty balanced piece on this. My view is that there's no problem with the kids wrestling but the venue was inappropriate.

This.

Martial arts is about respect and self-defence. Putting two 8 year olds in a cage in front of a baying, and probably drunken mob just isn't right. The ring walks and the 'event' aspect of the whole thing sickens me, and I speak as someone who does martial arts and has always encouraged my son to do martial arts from the age of 4.

This is probably the biggest non-story I have read all year. And there is a lot of competition.