House Price Crash Forum

Jonathan Davis On Bbc News

nmarks

HOLA441

As title, sounding his opinions on the state of the world economy.

Presumably this interview will be repeated several times tonight.

In case you were wondering Jonathan Davis was a prolific poster on this site, under the pseudonym FP.

Edited by nmarks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

As title, sounding his opinions on the state of the world economy.

Presumably this interview will be repeated several times tonight.

In case you were wondering Jonathan Davis was a prolific poster on this site, under the pseudonym FP

By "was" do you just mean he isn't as prolific now or just that you don't know his current forum name?

HOLA449

Only caught the back end of the interview but I heard him say the banks are technically insolvent and we should let them go bust.

Good stuff, I`d love to see some banks go pop. The sheeple still won`t wake up though will they? they would grasp at any credit that was extended to them and buy houses? or are average punters getting wise?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

He was on bbc radio london this morning and judging by the people who phoned in to comment, the penny is finally dropping.

Vanessa has got a soft spot for you jd, even thou you scare her to death.

She said his views are extreme but three weeks later hes always correct.

She also said he goes on the show for free.

Heard this myself and there was definately a waking up by some of the people who called after he spoke, sounded good, he's right of course, but his almost ranty tone doesn't work with most BBC interviewers, Vanessa has to try and sit on the fence a bit (being the BBC) but i got the feeling she thought he was right too.

HOLA4416

He was on bbc radio london this morning and judging by the people who phoned in to comment, the penny is finally dropping.

Vanessa has got a soft spot for you jd, even thou you scare her to death.

She said his views are extreme but three weeks later hes always correct.

She also said he goes on the show for free.

What kind of stuff were they saying?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

His appearances are growing and if the BBC are giving him serious air time then they must think he has a valid point of view.

How long till his view becomes mainstream?

IMO people are waking up to the fact that cheap credit made the big price rises, and that there is no more cheap credit. How long until the two parts of the equation fuse together? Anybody`s guess. I`d say not long when "EURO COLLAPSE" is all over the papers.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

IMO people are waking up to the fact that cheap credit made the big price rises, and that there is no more cheap credit. How long until the two parts of the equation fuse together? Anybody`s guess. I`d say not long when "EURO COLLAPSE" is all over the papers.

*Sigh*, actually credit expanded off the back of rising house prices, but let's not get the truth get in the way of a mutual back slapping session.

Edited by Authoritarian

HOLA4421

Heard this myself and there was definately a waking up by some of the people who called after he spoke, sounded good, he's right of course, but his almost ranty tone doesn't work with most BBC interviewers, Vanessa has to try and sit on the fence a bit (being the BBC) but i got the feeling she thought he was right too.

...playing devil's advocate....but in such cases the advocate is a VI..... :rolleyes:

HOLA4422

*Sigh*, actually credit expanded off the back of rising house prices, but let's not get the truth get in the way of a mutual back slapping session.

I thought it was credit contraction that sparked off the price falls in late 2007 but by your logic it would be the other way round.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425