House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crash2006

Levis Jean Quality

Just received a pair of levis 501 jeans, and found that the quality and thickness has been reduced compared to my other 501s, yet they still pricing them at the same or greater price, made an official compliant to levis among many others.

I'll never understand why their isn't some point between £3 Asda jeans and £60 Levi Jeans.

Can't I pay £20 and have £17 worth of materials and tailoring getting a brandless jean made to the highest quality.

For £21 you could have 7 pairs of Asda jeans. That's probably your answer, apart from the fact that there are plenty of "mid-range" jeans... just at the same quality as the Asda ones.

Just received a pair of levis 501 jeans, and found that the quality and thickness has been reduced compared to my other 501s, yet they still pricing them at the same or greater price, made an official compliant to levis among many others.

Again?

PS I used to buy 501s.

Stopped in 2005 when I bought a pair that were clearly thinner than normal (and lasted less than a year).

I used to buy cheap £5 crew-neck T-Shirts at Topman and a few years ago noticed the tops were all getting little holes in them after a few washes. It affected the white T-Shirts more than coloured T-Shirts. I emailed them and they apologised but denied that the manufacturers or quality had changed. The quality most certainly did change for the worse as I had tops from prior years that are thicker and last much longer.

I told them in the email that I would pay an extra few pounds to ensure the same quality but I doubt they would listen to me.

I can't wear Levi's, they must be made for people with spaghetti legs because I can't get them up my thighs.

So you will never find out if they fit over the olebum, olebrum!

I'll never understand why their isn't some point between £3 Asda jeans and £60 Levi Jeans.

Can't I pay £20 and have £17 worth of materials and tailoring getting a brandless jean made to the highest quality.

Go to tkmaxx - great brands at 20-30 quids.

Oddly enough, just got in from jean hunting.

Gave up buying Levis years ago as the price is just ludicrous.

Fatface have some nice thick quality jeans in now for £45 which are £20 too much.

Went to Next but found the quality of material to be rubbish IMPO. They have a sale on tomorrow so they might be worth it with some cash off but who can take the stress of a Next sale surrounded by mad women, only to discover the clothes you want are not on sale.

Went to M&S and they were similar to Next apart from one pair of their Blue Harbour range for £30 which were a nice thickness but just a basic straight cut. The other M&S jeans were cr*p material IMPO and, interestingly, a member of their sales team actually told me avoid them. I know M&S prides itself on helpful staff but this staff person actually advised me, apart from the £30 pair, to try a different store nearby and avoid the cheaper M&S stuff.

I think anyone who pays UK prices for Levis, wranglers, etc, is just nuts.

I think Fatface jeans are a stupid price and only worth buying in a sale - although in recent sales the Mumbles branch of Fatface seems to mysteriously lose all their mens jeans prior to the sales starting. I have given up on the Mumbles Fatface, as have other men I know, until they get their act together.

Go to tkmaxx - great brands at 20-30 quids.

They can be good but it is a bit hit and miss....sometimes you can get lucky.....the last pair I bought was from a charity shop £4 for good quality, like new to be honest...maybe someone out grew them, who knows, but someone else is getting good use from them. ;)

Oddly enough, just got in from jean hunting.

Gave up buying Levis years ago as the price is just ludicrous.

Fatface have some nice thick quality jeans in now for £45 which are £20 too much.

Went to Next but found the quality of material to be rubbish IMPO. They have a sale on tomorrow so they might be worth it with some cash off but who can take the stress of a Next sale surrounded by mad women, only to discover the clothes you want are not on sale.

Went to M&S and they were similar to Next apart from one pair of their Blue Harbour range for £30 which were a nice thickness but just a basic straight cut. The other M&S jeans were cr*p material IMPO and, interestingly, a member of their sales team actually told me avoid them. I know M&S prides itself on helpful staff but this staff person actually advised me, apart from the £30 pair, to try a different store nearby and avoid the cheaper M&S stuff.

I think anyone who pays UK prices for Levis, wranglers, etc, is just nuts.

I think Fatface jeans are a stupid price and only worth buying in a sale - although in recent sales the Mumbles branch of Fatface seems to mysteriously lose all their mens jeans prior to the sales starting. I have given up on the Mumbles Fatface, as have other men I know, until they get their act together.

Fatface used to be okay, haven`t had their jeans for a while, lasted about three years the last pair I think. Last decent Levi`s I had was when Tesco briefly sold the brand, 8 -10 years ago? Last two pairs of 501`s from Levi`s shop in Edinburgh, 60 quid, fell apart in no time. Won`t buy levi`s again now.

I've long legs. Levis are the only brand I know that do my inside leg length.

I buy off the interweb but they are still expensive.

Oh and they've got to have buttons. I caught myself, once in 87 - rock and roll, impressing chicks not pants.

Oh how she laughed as she tried to separate foreskin and zipper.

That was the last time I cried.

Problem is that jeans are either cheap - cheap cut, cheap material, cheap coloured - Tescos, no brand.

or high medium (levi)

or stupid stupid you'd have to nuts to pay for them - or some half-witted chav or sloan who thinks that 200 pound jeans are good.

Levi jeans are like Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate, something where the quality has been so diluted that it does not even begin to resemble the product it was 20 years ago.

In the case of Levi jeans, they used to be as stiff as cardboard when they were new and would almost stand up on their own.

In the case of CDM, it used to taste of cacao whereas nowadays it tastes of lightly flavoured lard.

Its also trendy to have low slung jeans which uses less material and for your bum crack to hang out. AND they charge more for this style.

The jean manufacturers are laughing all the way to the bank.

article-2040260-0DDE4B8400000578-703_470x657.jpg

just stop buying them , they won't listen to any other form of complaint

just stop buying them , they won't listen to any other form of complaint

The thing is if you removed the labels of many of the known brand names and stuck a supermarket label and price to match....how many would truly recognise the difference....the quality now is a shadow of what it used to be but the equivalent price is the same. ;)

A couple of months ago, I went into FatFace in Sherborne....I was nearly buggered sideways by the price of everything...£45 Shirts that you could get in George for a tenner...how on earth do they get away with it?

I get a few bits and pieces via ebaygum...you can take your pick - decent "named" jeans go for 7 or 8 quid. Got a pair of Bench Combats for 8 quid (inc PP) the other day. I bet they're 50 quid new...

A couple of months ago, I went into FatFace in Sherborne....I was nearly buggered sideways by the price of everything...£45 Shirts that you could get in George for a tenner...how on earth do they get away with it?

I get a few bits and pieces via ebaygum...you can take your pick - decent "named" jeans go for 7 or 8 quid. Got a pair of Bench Combats for 8 quid (inc PP) the other day. I bet they're 50 quid new...

It all boils down to how secure you feel with the money you earn.....there will always be people who are happy to pay over the odds for something they see as quality, a name they value and to take it away wrapped in tissue paper in a string bag....small business rely on people like that.......others not quite so fortunate or are unwilling to take on the extra credit have to shop around to obtain similar if not the same. ;)