House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swissy_fit

Redheads Unwanted....(Except In Ireland)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/denmark/8768598/Sperm-bank-turns-down-redheads.html

Sperm bank turns down redheads

The world's largest sperm bank has started turning down redheaded donors because there is too little demand for their sperm.

Ole Schou, Cryos's director, said that there had been a surge in donations in recent years, allowing the facility to become much more picky about its donors.

"There are too many redheads in relation to demand," he told told Danish newspaper Ekstrabladet. "I do not think you chose a redhead, unless the partner - for example, the sterile male - has red hair, or because the lone woman has a preference for redheads. And that's perhaps not so many, especially in the latter case."

Mr Schou said the only reliable demand for sperm from redheaded donors from Ireland, where he said it sold “like hot cakes”.

Cryos’s stores have now reached their peak capacity of 70 litres of semen, and Mr Schou has a waiting list of 600 donors.

He said sperm from donors with brown hair and brown eyes was particularly in demand, because of the bank’s large customer base in Spain, Italy and Greece.

Related Articles

Indian sperm was also hard to find, he said, because India does not allow sperm or eggs to be exported, causing a problem for childless international Indians.

Cryos pays donors up to $500 (£316), and sends its semen to over 65 countries worldwide.

70 litres at 10ml a pop..... sounds like he is trying to pull off single handedly supporting the jazz mag industry.

And he sends the stuff flying all over the world? Wow, I've heard of all over various things, but all over the room is normally about the limit.

Imagine it was about blacks or Asians..:rolleyes:

Ah - the amazing World we live. Where people have sat and decided what is 'offensive' or not. But didn't bother to invite us all to the discussions.

Orwell would be proud. 1984 is here and being perfectly honest I find it more frightening than the book.

People always need other people who are good at violence. :D

Unless I misread, it only says there are too many redhead donors relative to demand.

Perhaps redheads just have a naturally more horny / charitable nature..

I wonder if they realise the MCR1 gene is recessive, so even if the donor or the woman doesn't have red hair they could still be carrying the gene.

Nothing to do with gene selection then?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7062415.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/1943960.stm

Trying to create a more peaceful human race perhaps? After all we all know how fiery those redheads can be. ;)

ain't that the truth!!

not confined to humans either....in the equestrian world the chestnuts are renowned for being a bit feisty too.

I guess I'm more of the nordic persuasion.scandinavian birds are completely hot!!,but very mellow in demeanour.

those irish carrot-topped firebrands are hard work!