House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHERWICK

A Reminder Of The Good Old Days Of The 70S

I remember the 70s very well, but I'm older now so I have completely forgotten them.

Having been born in 1977 I cannot remember very much of the 1970s. My earliest memory was getting scared of the inflating teacher/balloon in the video for Pink Floyd's 'Another Brick In The Wall'. :blink: That must have been December 1979.

As well as 1970s music, I also really like the cars of the era. Here's an advert for British Leyland's finest - the Austin Princess/ 'Wedge'. ^_^

Having been born in 1977 I cannot remember very much of the 1970s. My earliest memory was getting scared of the inflating teacher/balloon in the video for Pink Floyd's 'Another Brick In The Wall'. :blink: That must have been December 1979.

As well as 1970s music, I also really like the cars of the era. Here's an advert for British Leyland's finest - the Austin Princess/ 'Wedge'. ^_^

Had one. Front off-side wheel kept loosening. Nut had to be torqued up to around 120 lb/sq ft. Tool hire bloke just let me do it outside for free.

Decent size ashtray between steering wheel and door. Otherwise one I would prefer to forget.

It also had an engine fire due to a leaky fuel pump. Replaced the mechanical one with an electric one from an XJ6.

p-o-p

You can be shocked, you can try to rip me apart, but even with the problems during the following periods the best times were the 1950s, the 1960s, and the 1970s.

During those periods if you were willing to make small sacrifices house buying was a reality for the average worker. ;)

My sincere thanks goes to dear old Super Mac, Harold Wilson, Ted Heath, and the hidden HPC during Sunny Jims watch in 1976. :)

I used to love this intro:

I so wanted to 'jaunt'.

Yes!

So easy to do in the playground as well, just hold your belt and run to your "destination".

I'm a bit of a fan of TV title sequences and the Tomorrow People one is a gem.

Jaunt me in TIM.

You can be shocked, you can try to rip me apart, but even with the problems during the following periods the best times were the 1950s, the 1960s, and the 1970s.

Oh I believe you Charlie.

I keep trying to tell a friend of mine this but she was born in late 1973, so she missed out. I think this is why she's in denial.

:D:D:D:D:D

I actually used to look forward to seeing that one.

A lot of PIMs (Public Information Films) had a very fatalistic air about them. This one was a bit more jolly.

I can highly recommend the "Charlie Says" DVDs. Pretty much every PIM there ever was, starting from the 1950s.

My personal favourite...

This is eerily similar to where I work now.

Ahhh, the far distant future of 1980.

I was watching some episodes the other day. It's actually pretty good stuff.

Any series that has a sequence like this in it is a winner in my eyes.

She was obviously meant to look incredibly modern but wouldn't look out of place in Cardiff on a Friday night puking in the gutter.

Not Lt. Ellis, she was a class act. :D