House Price Crash Forum

Anyone Looking For A Bargain In Dublin D4?

If thats not a case of fraud, I dont know what is.

Vendor and buyer must have been doing some double dealing to secure that much of a mortgage.

My guess is house 'sold' for 58 million, might have been worth 2-3mill to any other buyer. Seller and Buyer both pocket (if theyre even two different people and not some shell company selling or buying it) 29 million each. Money promptly dissapears with some 'independent' surveyor making a mint too.

I mean there can be no other explanation, surely? It doesnt look like it would be valued at more than a couple of mill even in the best London suburbs...

There is overpaying, and then there is such blatant and nonsensical overpaying mortgage fraud is the only possibility.

€58 million in 2005

€15 million now

It's a hole ohmy.gif

Does anything sum up the madness of the Irish property markety better?

Edited by beccles

Love the way they say it's got planning permission for this or that, as if it means something, as if it means it is worth paying more, trying unsuccessfully to justify its worth. :wacko:

€58 million in 2005

€15 million now

It's a hole ohmy.gif

Does anything sum up the madness of the Irish property markety better?

That is extraordinary! Not worth £1 million to me. In shoddy condition, and not the incredibly attactive house I was expecting to see for that money!

try this instead... it only took me 30 seconds to find and looks better value http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-19758258.html

Far too much at 15 mill.

I am looking in Co. Roscommon, it is much cheaper and quieter there.

[/quote

Hi Khards. Regarding recent discussions concerning Irish property, I think that area may suit your needs. just spent some time on the Irish border, around Sligo/Letrim/ Fermanagh. Check out rural Co.Sligo if you like, some nice stuff there. Reckon property prices in Dublin area to fall another 30-40% minimum over next 2 years.

If thats not a case of fraud, I dont know what is.

Vendor and buyer must have been doing some double dealing to secure that much of a mortgage.

My guess is house 'sold' for 58 million, might have been worth 2-3mill to any other buyer. Seller and Buyer both pocket (if theyre even two different people and not some shell company selling or buying it) 29 million each. Money promptly dissapears with some 'independent' surveyor making a mint too.

I mean there can be no other explanation, surely? It doesnt look like it would be valued at more than a couple of mill even in the best London suburbs...

There is overpaying, and then there is such blatant and nonsensical overpaying mortgage fraud is the only possibility.

Totally agree, probably some MPs dealings :huh:

I wonder who is trying to sell it the purchaser or the lender? ;)

The purchaser has done a runner AFAIK and now resides in another property of his in Switzerland.

Anyway the British embassy, three doors down recently spent well over 50 million developing their property and adding more land.

So it too has now become a proud member of the Dublin 4 negative equity club. :)

Edited by md23040

id rather wait for stability OR truly affordable house building before i join this manic game of musical chairs.

if it bothers me to live like this, i dont they are screaming in pain.

have you noticed ho wmany for sale cars now litter our junctions ?

we are starting to list. if they cant conquer the nimby self interest its over here.

for at least 20 years. i have no intention of contributing to that, so ill do something other that sign up to a mirage. or continue to pay tax. ill be done. let someone with a mortgage work. ill be out at that point. narrowboat anarchy or ill leave the country clsoing my business first and moving it abroad.