House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Skipper To Titanic Passengers:this Ship Is Not Sinking.

The more I look around me the more I see all the hall marks of recession rearing it's ugly head again,acquaintances getting laid off,businesses thta have been around donkeys years going bust,pubs,bars restaurants quieter etc etc.The whole idea that the recovery would deliver enough tax receipts to reduce the deficit was jsut utter boll****.

they say austerity isn't working ...well...that's because they've not really given it a go have they?

Why don't they try taking a meat cleaver to the public sector(and it's pensions) abd let banks go bust....It's really quite simple and then let the recovery begin.I must be missing soem thing.

Print and spend is the path politicians invariably take. The whole game is about kicking the can down the road and letting someone else take the blame when it all goes pear-shaped at some undefined point in the future (by which time the current bunch hope to have feathered their nests well with wealth).