House Price Crash Forum

Captured On Our Streets By A Foreign Lens

interestrateripoff

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

The first photo is blatantly staged, the ladies presence that is.

The rest is just documenting the UK working class enjoying themselves. :)

We should start taking photos of Polish men fighting bare-chested on bowling greens and Slovakians lined up on Motorway on-ramps for cash in hand labouring jobs.

HOLA444
HOLA445

St Mary's Street and Caroline Street.

There is a huge concentration of bars, night clubs and fast food joints around that area and its very close to the central railway station serving the Valleys, not to mention the Brains Brewery just across the river, but then these scenes are repeated in just about every town and city across the UK every weekend.

The idiots you see in these photos currently have the same say in the running of our national affairs as you do.

Perhaps one way to cure this abhorent behaviour is a temporary denial of the right to vote : If you are found guilty of bring drunk and disorderly you should lose your right to affect the course of its affairs until such time you are deemed suitable, one year being the minimum period. While everyone should enjoy democracy by default its rights should be denied to those who do not cherish the civility it affords.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Perhaps one way to cure this abhorent behaviour is a temporary denial of the right to vote : If you are found guilty of bring drunk and disorderly you should lose your right to affect the course of its affairs until such time you are deemed suitable, one year being the minimum period. While everyone should enjoy democracy by default its rights should be denied to those who do not cherish the civility it affords.

Voting levels in Wales are appallingly low.

HOLA448

While everyone should enjoy democracy by default its rights should be denied to those who do not cherish the civility it affords.

How about sobering-up stations? (wikipedia link)

In Poland almost every larger city has a sobering-up station where police bring people who are drunk. Being drunk itself is not a criminal offence in Poland, but police and local police have the right to forcefully transfer an individual to a sobering-up station if he or she poses a threat to the public security and order or, even in private, behaves violently against other people. Even if there are no further charges against a person, one will not be released from sobering-up station until one is sober. In extreme cases it means a two-day stay. Patients are under constant medical and nursing supervision and must pay for treatment, because no insurance covers it. Some people refer it as "the most expensive hotel in town".

Recently sobering-up stations appear to be very usefull facilities in Poland. When the local authorities of the city Kielce shutdown their facility in 2010, the local hospital's ER quickly became flooded with drunk people brought by police. Not only it became a problem for the hospital but also it is more cumbersome for police to hold aggresive drunk people. In a sobering-up station, where such people are simply locked-up, it takes fewer officers and less medical staff to keep an eye on them. For this reason most cities' authorities praise their sobering-up stations.

950a196e253d069591bcd244a8595b1d,14,1.jpg

z6267293X.jpg

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Voting levels in Wales are appallingly low.

Maybe so but these people still have the right to vote even if they don't use it. I say deny them that choice if they demonstrate they don't deserve it. By separating the wheat from the chaff we will get an increasingly sophisticated electorate better able to run the nation's affairs.

I have heard suggestions that drunks should be made to pay for their own Accident and Emergency expense. I think we should go further by making them temporarily ineligible to receive any form of support from the state, say, for a minimum period of a year.

Day after day on this website we bang on about the moral hazard that fiat currency induces in bankers but as fiat currency is to bankers, so the NHS and social security are to the idiots in the photos.

We all agree that bankers should accept the consequences of their own risk taking, so what excuse do the people in the photos have? If these people are to happy to behave in such an irresponsible manner they should fund their own behaviour entirely at their own expense too.

Think about the tax you'll save!!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

How about sobering-up stations? (wikipedia link)

In Poland almost every larger city has a sobering-up station where police bring people who are drunk. Being drunk itself is not a criminal offence in Poland, but police and local police have the right to forcefully transfer an individual to a sobering-up station if he or she poses a threat to the public security and order or, even in private, behaves violently against other people. Even if there are no further charges against a person, one will not be released from sobering-up station until one is sober. In extreme cases it means a two-day stay. Patients are under constant medical and nursing supervision and must pay for treatment, because no insurance covers it. Some people refer it as "the most expensive hotel in town".

Recently sobering-up stations appear to be very usefull facilities in Poland. When the local authorities of the city Kielce shutdown their facility in 2010, the local hospital's ER quickly became flooded with drunk people brought by police. Not only it became a problem for the hospital but also it is more cumbersome for police to hold aggresive drunk people. In a sobering-up station, where such people are simply locked-up, it takes fewer officers and less medical staff to keep an eye on them. For this reason most cities' authorities praise their sobering-up stations.

950a196e253d069591bcd244a8595b1d,14,1.jpg

z6267293X.jpg

Nice idea.

It would be very handy for deterring drunks who can afford it.

What happens to people who are homeless and drunk(and therefore unable to pay) ?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

These are part of a much larger photo series called 'cardiff after dark"

On my phone at the minute, so can't post a link, i'll add one when I get to a computer. For those who can't wait go to Flickr and search the photographers name (it's on a copyright notice on each of the pictures)

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

These are part of a much larger photo series called 'cardiff after dark"

On my phone at the minute, so can't post a link, i'll add one when I get to a computer. For those who can't wait go to Flickr and search the photographers name (it's on a copyright notice on each of the pictures)

Photos taken between 2005-2011. Panic over.

edit: wow, didn't expect a simple link to give the full sequence. Excellent from flickr.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Well spotted.

This picture I definitely remembered from that thread.

article-2040260-0DDE42A000000578-974_964x640.jpg

As someone who was a bit of a photographer years ago, I not only admire Maciej Dakowicz's skills at reportage photography, but his balls at taking such pictures. All it would take is one aggressive idiots ("are you lookin' at my bird"?) and I'd be off!

Archived