House Price Crash Forum
200p

Cheap 4 Bed, Detached House In The South

3 2 1 - before someone points out flooding, dodgy neighbours or something wrong with it. Sure there isn't a pylon next to it or Gypsy encampment :)

Also a pet peeve its not a 4 bed house - it has a room(s) in the roof which means the loft is no longer there.

Surely they've missed a nought off.

Make that two noughts. Hell, make it three noughts. Why not, that's how houses are valued in the UK after all. Four noughts. Get in quick. Five noughts. Oh dear you missed the boat again. Back to three noughts. Bargain.

A lick of paint and a vase of twigs and you're ready to move in. Good find - an indication that normality is finally returning to the housing market.

Not out of line with some previous sales on the road:

33 Calmore Gardens, Totton, Southampton, Hampshire, SO40 8ES

£176,000, Detached, Freehold, Not New Build

History | Need a mortgage? | Valuation?

30-Apr-2009

Map (SO40 8ES)

(nethouseprices)

Don't know the area at all, so can't comment. House looks like an ill-treated HMO to me. Perhaps the LL decided it was all more trouble than it was worth?

Won't be long before a BTL buys it gets a £100 magnolia paint job and is letting is at £850pcm.

Yielding all of 5.4% gross.

Sadly this is probably what will happen.

When I sold up in the UK in 2006 I sold a 4 bed detatched for £250k 50 miles from London. That same house sold last year for 233k. When similar houses are selling for 175k I will buy back into the UK market. That time is fast approaching.

What about this for round about £200k in Penzance. Tried to sell it 3 years ago, went down to £189k but still couldn't shift it after aver a year.

myhousep.jpg

4 bedrooms, 2 receptions, good state etc...

Edited by Charlie Don't Surf

Since when was 7-8x local average salary cheap? House prices need to get back into five figures to be affordable on UK wages.

Since when was 7-8x local average salary cheap? House prices need to get back into five figures to be affordable on UK wages.

+1000000...............

I can't find much wrong with it, so this is pretty good news for house prices.

Lets be very generous and suggest that property would have been going for around 90k back in 1997-1999.

So what makes you think its worth OVER Double that much now? :angry:

Edited by Milton

+1000000...............

Lets be very generous and suggest that property would have been going for around 90k back in 1997-1999.

So what makes you think its worth OVER Double that much now? :angry:

The price is cheap in relation to what else is available - houses half the size without the garden on the street are on the market for almost the same price. If I saw any realism in the rest of the local market I'd put it up for sale and cut the price proportionately

And for the record, Penzance house prices have unfortunately not reflected local wages for some time

WOW. theres some really good prices. most 4 bed's here in sh*tty Boston are between £160k-200+K. is there anything i can do to bring the market in my area back down to trend? im getting bored of waiting, whilst i see some of the more desirable properties goto southerners.