House Price Crash Forum

Youngsters Put Off Work By 'crap' Jobs, Says Cipd

HOLA441

Online marketing is the last market left in the world where skills are more important than capital. Once you get big enough / important enough to be manually reviewed by the big G you will already be at the point where you can afford to buy links and naturallify your previously artificial link empire.

Or what some people do is just expand into many different niches (which is why affiliate is so popular) then they don't get 'big' enough to be reviewed.

Natural links make up a very small percentage of the overall algorithm, I would guess right now it's half bought half generated.

By the way your idea to launch a unique free service online is by far not the best way to get successful, join an existing market and you are guaranteed to make money. I am very different to most IM types though, I actually plan to add value rather than rip people off with scammy affiliate products. Though you can't blame em for wanting the quick money.

I have fully automated my linkbuilding process, StainlessSteelCat if you want to compete in IM I suggest you attempt to do the same or you will be putting in hours everyday the manual way.

I agree - but capital buys skills (as well as links). I came across Demand Media at a big conference of media companies which they presented at earlier in the year. I suspect a number of household names are busy retrofitting that approach to their business as I type. The purists in the audience were tutting but plenty others were taking notes.

While a lot of my link building is automated - it's nice to keep my hand in and build relationships the old fashioned way - especially when it's a hobby (one of many) rather than living (I'm lucky to have a rewarding day job for that). Personally I like free stuff and so I look for those kinds of opportunities. Plus it appeals to my sense of humour - I did say it was a hobby.

And the best of luck to you in your business. If you can add value - you won't go far wrong.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I agree - but capital buys skills (as well as links). I came across Demand Media at a big conference of media companies which they presented at earlier in the year. I suspect a number of household names are busy retrofitting that approach to their business as I type. The purists in the audience were tutting but plenty others were taking notes.

While a lot of my link building is automated - it's nice to keep my hand in and build relationships the old fashioned way - especially when it's a hobby (one of many) rather than living (I'm lucky to have a rewarding day job for that). Personally I like free stuff and so I look for those kinds of opportunities. Plus it appeals to my sense of humour - I did say it was a hobby.

And the best of luck to you in your business. If you can add value - you won't go far wrong.

Can't add value to anything because of the monetary system.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

It's a forced, debt based system.

Anything you do to keep it going harms someone else.

Debt is of value to people though, so a debt based monetary system makes perfect sense. You grow me some spuds, I pledge an equal amount of value in return at some point in the future (DEBT!)

What exactly is wrong with this in principle?

HOLA446

It's a forced, debt based system.

Anything you do to keep it going harms someone else.

Ah - thanks for that. If that's your perspective, you are correct. So if we had a different monetary system (or none at all eg bartering) it would be possible to add value to something?

And I wonder if by working within the forced, debt system - you are hastening its downfall rather than perpetuating it?

Edited by StainlessSteelCat

HOLA447

Ah - thanks for that. If that's your perspective, you are correct. So if we had a different monetary system (or none at all eg bartering) it would be possible to add value to something?

Yes, exactly.

And I wonder if by working within the forced, debt system - you are hastening its downfall rather than perpetuating it?

Either continues it. Only nothing works.

Theres a reason they really don't want strikes.

HOLA448

Debt is of value to people though, so a debt based monetary system makes perfect sense. You grow me some spuds, I pledge an equal amount of value in return at some point in the future (DEBT!)

What exactly is wrong with this in principle?

The people you are in debt to don't have anything.

just the ability to convince you that you have debts.

HOLA449

The people you are in debt to don't have anything.

just the ability to convince you that you have debts.

Not at all, in theory a debt based monetary system is quite a good idea, in practice however it's been a crock of shite because New Labour have allowed various looters to ransack the place over the past decade. If you play by the rules now you're asking for trouble.

Edited by Authoritarian

HOLA4410

Not at all, in theory a debt based monetary system is quite a good idea, in practice however it's been a crock of shite because New Labour have allowed various looters to ransack the place over the past decade. If you play by the rules now you're asking for trouble.

No, in theory it's exploitative shorseshit.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

You are talking about paper IOU's, right? The ones that created on demand with minimum fuss?

The ones where you give someone nothing of value then claim because they are in debt to you you are suddenly rich, yes.

Sounds like an ideal basis for a currency to me.

Good for you.

it's exploitative ********.

Edited by Injin

HOLA4413

The ones where you give someone nothing of value then claim because they are in debt to you you are suddenly rich, yes.

Good for you.

it's exploitative ********.

So if somebody paints my fence and in return I write down that I'll weed their front lawn I'm being exploited?

I think you're over reacting, paper money or "fiat" as it's often called makes for a perfectly acceptable means of exchange

HOLA4414

So if somebody paints my fence and in return I write down that I'll weed their front lawn I'm being exploited?

I think you're over reacting, paper money or "fiat" as it's often called makes for a perfectly acceptable means of exchange

Nope, a debt based system is where they promise to paint your fence later on and you write that down, then that's it.

HOLA4415

Nope, a debt based system is where they promise to paint your fence later on and you write that down, then that's it.

You're not making much sense. I pointed this out to The Spaniard the other day, just because money is created Out of Thin Air it doesn't mean that banks have no costs, or even for that matter that running a bank is easy. It's not, it's a crap job like any other (especially if ou're a cashier etc), so if these middlemen are providing a useful service morally they deserve their cut.

Edited by Authoritarian

HOLA4416

You're not making much sense. I pointed this out to The Spaniard the other day, just because money is created Out of Thin Air it doesn't mean that banks have no costs, or even for that matter that running a bank is easy. It's not, it's a crap job like any other (especially if ou're a cashier etc), so if these middlemen are providing a useful service morally they deserve their cut.

No money is created out of thin air.

Lies are told.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Sure, money is often an intangible thing, it still works as a concept though.

Concepts are only valid and true when they correspond to something in reality.

Simply sitting there are wishing shit is so doesn't make it so.

Banks have no money. Empty buildings, full of lies.

HOLA4419

Injin is right. Adding value is often synonymous with increased efficiency. As a general rule if I succeed I will be on the one hand taking away business/ profit from my competitors and on the other hand also displacing many jobs as the only way I can compete is to automate what my competitors are doing due to my lower budget.

The profit I take out the market will be mostly kept to myself so I am definitely hurting others but the portion that I spend will be benefiting society the problem is when i start spending my money the government is going to adjust the system so that people don't benefit too much from that money spent e.g. they will raise taxes, land prices and inflation . So I am also helping to add to the high cost of living as everytime efficiency improves through technology or communication advancements the government decide to let the cost of living rise as a way to prevent peoples standard of living improving.

They do this through a mix of inflation and artificially high land prices due to planning permission. Governments around the world are chasing down the improvements in standard of living and taxing them to death via tax, land and inflation costs. If people realised they were paying 3 taxes as opposed to just the direct government taxation that they see I'm sure there would be a revolution problem is people are dumb.

The best way for me to give back to society will be to create comfortable secure high paying jobs. Due to the massive oversupply of labour around the world for services jobs there is a big incentive for me to pay double market rate to get someone with exceptional skills to work for me. As a heads up to anyone interested, these jobs will probably involve automation as that's the only place I will get the added vaue to beat competitors and most likely I would only create a handful of these jobs to leverage earning millions.

When I say pay double market rate, I'd probably only need to pay around 50,000 pounds/ year to get exceptional people. Which is a really damning fact considering 50,000 used to be an average wage for a high end IT guy. That's not the case now because for 50,000 I could get a top graduate from a top university in China- cream of the crop.

I will probably need a few hundred lower skilled jobs as some companies I deal with will want to speak to a real person and not like talking to a computer. So again if we assume market rate is 500 pounds/ month which is pretty common for a semi-skilled services job in China then I could get great people by giving 1000/ month.

I could make 100s of millions of pounds/ month if successful and I would probably be creating only a few hundred job and displacing 1000s of jobs. I'm essentially required to be an evil person because I'm being a capitalist. Eventually capital owners will get increasingly afraid of people with automation skills and much like capital displaced labour, automation will displace capital and those with automation and business skills will take over the world in 100 years time.

Edited by Saberu

HOLA4420

Injin is right. Adding value is often synonymous with increased efficiency. As a general rule if I succeed I will be on the one hand taking away business/ profit from my competitors and on the other hand also displacing many jobs as the only way I can compete is to automate what my competitors are doing due to my lower budget.

The profit I take out the market will be mostly kept to myself so I am definitely hurting others but the portion that I spend will be benefiting society the problem is when i start spending my money the government is going to adjust the system so that people don't benefit too much from that money spent e.g. they will raise taxes, land prices and inflation . So I am also helping to add to the high cost of living as everytime efficiency improves through technology or communication advancements the government decide to let the cost of living rise as a way to prevent peoples standard of living improving.

They do this through a mix of inflation and artificially high land prices due to planning permission. Governments around the world are chasing down the improvements in standard of living and taxing them to death via tax, land and inflation costs. If people realised they were paying 3 taxes as opposed to just the direct government taxation that they see I'm sure there would be a revolution problem is people are dumb.

The best way for me to give back to society will be to create comfortable secure high paying jobs. Due to the massive oversupply of labour around the world for services jobs there is a big incentive for me to pay double market rate to get someone with exceptional skills to work for me. As a heads up to anyone interested, these jobs will probably involve automation as that's the only place I will get the added vaue to beat competitors and most likely I would only create a handful of these jobs to leverage earning millions.

When I say pay double market rate, I'd probably only need to pay around 50,000 pounds/ year to get exceptional people. Which is a really damning fact considering 50,000 used to be an average wage for a high end IT guy. That's not the case now because for 50,000 I could get a top graduate from a top university in China- cream of the crop.

we have a uk made product that it ripe for global export. im in talks with a larger company to take it on board as i have no intention of doing anything work related at the moment. that motivation died in 2007. now i dont give a shit if they want it or not. if they dont im either moving or getting a narrowboat and sacking this bullcrap off. i have no intention of fueling a defuct corrupted system. ill go my own way and take the jobs down just to gain some life quality. very selfish, but its that the new citizen way ?

if you cant beat then, fµck them.

HOLA4421

ill go my own way and take the jobs down just to gain some life quality. very selfish, but its that the new citizen way

If you can't either find a very comfortable job or get into a profitable business without having to work your ass off then best bet is just living off benefits.

HOLA4422

The problem is that the jobs are crap and that the alternative option of being on benefits is more attractive.

You can fix the problem by making jobs more attractive or the alternative less attractive.

Clearly a well functioning society will do the latter.

Simples.

However in the UK, the average crap job doesnt pay enough to rent a flat, buy a flat/house, bring up kids etc etc, in fact many jobs in central London for eg wouldnt even pay enough for you to commute to the cheapest possible suburb and rent a room, never mind my first mentioned list. The other issue is that the dole is only around sixty quid a week, much lower than the lowest paid job, other benefits dont turn up unless you have brats. Met a couple last year who both work in Tesco, neither given enough hours a week and one of them is forced to work 7 days a week for 4 hours a day. All they can afford is a room in a HMO dump.

It never fails to surprise me as to how many 'well to do' people take pleasure in others misery.

Perhaps we will have a revolution one day if this carries on