Youngsters Put Off Work By 'crap' Jobs, Says Cipd

HOLA441
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
It is very true. Employers want to make as much money as possible out of every employee. They will offer a low a salary as they can in order to achieve that objective. The reason some salaries are so good is the threat of good people going elsewhere, which ends up costing the company more money than they save, so they will pay more to reduce the risk of that happening. If they are not worried if you leave, your salary will be low.

The notion that some suggest, that you should be paid according to your need, is ludicrous. If private sector companies did that then they would go bust in double quick time.

Ok- so what happens when the going rate for the job falls below the level where it's possible to live in this country?

To support the right of employers to pay a little as they can get away with while at the same time demanding an end to the benefits system brings you to the point where you advocate slave labour.

You say further up the thread that the 'producers' should get a fair whack and not have it all given away to benefit claiments- yet don't seem to have similar issues when those same 'producers' find that their bosses are taking a larger and larger share.

In practical terms is hardly matters if your efforts are stolen by the tax man or the boss- you are still f*cked.

Edited by wonderpup

HOLA444

Maybe that is a lot of the problem .

Possibly true. Why do they come here? Because for them (ESP working E Europeans) the UK is a land of opportunity. It's a land of opportunity, not because of the benefits, but because it's relatively free from the corruption that is ubiquitous at home. Contrary to the accepted HPC wisdom, a lot of them are here for the long haul.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Possibly true. Why do they come here? Because for them (ESP working E Europeans) the UK is a land of opportunity. It's a land of opportunity, not because of the benefits, but because it's relatively free from the corruption that is ubiquitous at home. Contrary to the accepted HPC wisdom, a lot of them are here for the long haul.

But it is not all roses around the door.

For them that come here and those already here.

There is only x amount of jobs , x amount of housing , x amount of funding for NHS and schools. The more that come means x amount of people lose out . That includes those already here and those coming . Not everyone that has come to this so called land of opportunity has made it. Many have met the same problems that those here are meeting due to to many coming .

And before anyone gets the race card out , I have heard many immigrants from all races who have come here and been here for years saying that there is now to much immigration.

HOLA447

I'd like to thank everyone for the ad hominem attacks. There are too many to do it personally.

Recently one of my team wanted to hire some UK nationals to work in the warehouse. He wanted some people he could develop into supervisors that would be able to write reports etc. He brought them in at the entry level op rate (6.46ph). 40 + hours per week and they would progress to £24K salary within 6 months. None of them lasted 72 hours.

Regular hours, good pay & conditions, and positive discrimination. What more do I have to offer?

Dont waste your time. Apparently your company should just overnight pay everyone double because house prices have doubled due to a ridiculous credit/property bubble of the last 10 years. :rolleyes:

Don't agree with the first part (From a UK perspective - this country is corrupt as ******) but definitely the second.

HOLA448

Dont waste your time. Apparently your company should just overnight pay everyone double because house prices have doubled due to a ridiculous credit/property bubble of the last 10 years. :rolleyes:

Well the problem is if the company pay does not cover those house costs , but the state who helped create them will the perspective worker will go the route of the state . Cannot blame anyone for following the path that best suits them , it also explains why many Brits will not take certain low paid jobs and puts to bed the LAZY Brit cr-p at the same time.

HOLA449

When you can get a job, rent/buy a place, pay all the bills and run a car, only then is it worth working. Anything less is just expolitation. And what they pay teenagers these days is slave labour.

Hello, old commie. Just one question. Is it you who gets exploited and enslaved, or the poor muppet paying tax so you may be kept in the style you became accustomed to?

I hope you tell the nice the nice people who administer your benefits that you don't feel it's worth working any more than you already do?

HOLA4410

Hello, old commie. Just one question. Is it you who gets exploited and enslaved, or the poor muppet paying tax so you may be kept in the style you became accustomed to?

I hope you tell the nice the nice people who administer your benefits that you don't feel it's worth working any more than you already do?

Why is it that so many arch capitalists don't understand capitalism?

When it is worth working, and jobs are available, people will work. By definition, according to capitalists.

Edited by (Blizzard)

HOLA4411

Well for many it's not is it !!

Have you told NICE Mr Green & co. that you enjoy paying for his £billion tax free he robs from these shores ?

HOLA4412

Please read my other posts on this thread. You'll see that I'm hiring people into jobs with good prospects and T&Cs. So I do know the job market.

Just because it wasn't handed to me on a plate doesn't mean the system is rigged. There are people going out and taking those jobs and grafting their way toward promotion. Just very few of them were born here. Just like me.

What salary and what prospects?

HOLA4413

Or you can realise that it's a lottery and hand the rewards out more fairly because you have basic empathy and a bit of common ******* sense. You've just admitted that everyone who winds up wrunning everything is there from luck, that being the case, we can stop acting liek they are mystical supermen who need to be paid the bulk of the rewards from whatever operation they are running.

Erm the problem we have right now is you have to be a manager or at least on that sort of salary just to live a vaguely independent life. Compared to fathers and grandfathers who could make a do of it without running a regional division of I C ******ing I or whatever.

And there is absolutely zero need for it. The system is designed like this via the money mechanism.

The system conforms to human nature money is just the mechanism. Animal Farm is the blueprint. Take a look in the mirror before your next rage against the machine post. Sure life's unfair, sure things are rigged but you can change the odds quite dramatically not totally but significantly with a plan, some modelling of what success in your chosen field looks like and a focus on yourself rather than the unfairness of it all as my children say- life's unfair get over it.

HOLA4414

Well the problem is if the company pay does not cover those house costs , but the state who helped create them will the perspective worker will go the route of the state . Cannot blame anyone for following the path that best suits them , it also explains why many Brits will not take certain low paid jobs and puts to bed the LAZY Brit cr-p at the same time.

But you cannot blame the companies either. They are not going to just instantly pay everyone more so they can buy a house. In fact - surely that is the last thing people on HPC would want ? It would lead to an instant bubble in the housing market again. Everyone would get so overexcited at all the free money. Been there done that - doesn't end pretty.

We just need a Government and a population that appreciate high property prices are a bad thing for a country. I won't be holding my breath. :(

HOLA4415

We just need a Government and a population that appreciate high property prices are a bad thing for a country. I won't be holding my breath. :(

+1

Like you I carn't see much changing anytime soon , so we will be stuck in this situation for a long time.

HOLA4416

The system conforms to human nature money is just the mechanism. Animal Farm is the blueprint. Take a look in the mirror before your next rage against the machine post. Sure life's unfair, sure things are rigged but you can change the odds quite dramatically not totally but significantly with a plan, some modelling of what success in your chosen field looks like and a focus on yourself rather than the unfairness of it all as my children say- life's unfair get over it.

There will always be cheating in sports, so why have rules at all?

So what if that was a penalty? They all cheat. Get over it.

So what if number seven is wearing a metallic, hydraulic exoskeleton with machine guns for fingers. It's just football.

HOLA4417

Why is it that so many arch capitalists don't understand capitalism?

I have been called a number of things, but never that before. Wash out your mouth please, it's for your own good.

When it is worth working, and jobs are available, people will work. By definition, according to capitalists.

The original poster feels he is being exploited because the society helps provide him with shelter and sufficient food that he can spend half his income on petrol. His contribution is limited to working half-time, and he does not feel compelled to work any more hours, though he does feel within his rights to complain that his plight is not that far from slavery. I have a feeling this would not work in any even vaguely capitalist system. Come to think of it, even in Soviet Russia no-one would be allowed to get away with even a single aspect of that.

Does it really escape you that there is a very "easy" fix that will eventually be implemented, be it in an orderly fashion or the way done in Greece?

HOLA4418

Yes fine Greg

But in all honesty the rigging has got to such an extent that for many planing , modelling and going for success has just got so out of reach . It has become like having a running race and giving some one a head start , however the head start has got so big that the one running from behind knows that no matter how hard and fast they run they have no chance of getting to the finishing post in front of the other .

HOLA4419

Complete gibberish.

HOLA4420

+1

Like you I carn't see much changing anytime soon , so we will be stuck in this situation for a long time.

No argument there. Citizens income is the key IMO. Wont happen though. Too many people in positions of power would not like it - even if it would be good in the long term.

Worked out that if all the money spent on benefits was given to every single person of every age in this country - we would all get about £330 per week month. When you take away the cost savings and red tape it could easily add up to over £100 per week each.

Job done. Well except for the two problems of this leading to house prices/rent falling and the public sector up in arms about 'their' pensions being taken away. Too many powerful people would be against it.

Shame.

HOLA4421

I find it totally laughable that a developed country like the UK can ask someone to work a 40 hour week without providing shelter that they can afford at the end of each day.

If i'm getting this right, we should all work from 9am to 5pm and then sleep in a cardboard box. No wonder people are telling the govenment to feck off.

I hope millions ditch their shitty jobs and go and sign on.

It's state failure. No point in working for a failed state that can't even provid the fecking basics. Pathetic!!

Why should the state provide for you? There is no such thing as government money it is ours and I can think of a better use for it than paying you benefits because you perceive you are worth more which if I am reading your post right obviously not otherwise you wouldn't be in a shitty job.

And anyway if the state fails how is it going to pay you to do F*** all? You don't work for the state you work for any number of reasons pride, to create a better life, self fulfilment and so forth.

Funny how other cultures Indian, Greek, Asian etc have no problems with shelter oh yes I forgot it's the Anglo Saxon way, turn ourselves into a race of dysfunctional partners with a disdain for traditional family values and any firm of moral code, kids with new mums and dads every five years and take the p**** out of our traditional religions and guess what?

You get a load of whining self pitying, entitlement goons who blame the state. Something has failed but it's not the state. You could change it but as they say in the forces you have LMF so you just give up.

HOLA4422

Complete gibberish.

Your standard response in one form or the other. The system is fixed - complete gibberish .

Could go on all night couldn't it ?

In simple terms for you - your species created the system. It reflects us good and bad money is just the language it uses. Tribal superiority, aggression and the desire to take and own were human traits before money.

Of course that could be complete gibberish I am sure you will enlighten me in your usual eloquent manner :P

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Your standard response in one form or the other. The system is fixed - complete gibberish .

Could go on all night couldn't it ?

Look go back and read what you wrote again. You might have a point in there somewhere, but it reads like someone spewed a hallmark card full of Tony Robbin phrases onto a keyboard. i..e it was complete gibberish.

In simple terms for you - your species created the system. It reflects us good and bad money is just the language it uses. Tribal superiority, aggression and the desire to take and own were human traits before money.

Of course that could be complete gibberish I am sure you will enlighten me in your usual eloquent manner :P

It's a choice, just like ******ing your dog is a choice. Be better.

HOLA4425

I have been called a number of things, but never that before. Wash out your mouth please, it's for your own good.

The original poster feels he is being exploited because the society helps provide him with shelter and sufficient food that he can spend half his income on petrol. His contribution is limited to working half-time, and he does not feel compelled to work any more hours, though he does feel within his rights to complain that his plight is not that far from slavery. I have a feeling this would not work in any even vaguely capitalist system. Come to think of it, even in Soviet Russia no-one would be allowed to get away with even a single aspect of that.

Does it really escape you that there is a very "easy" fix that will eventually be implemented, be it in an orderly fashion or the way done in Greece?

I think I probably misunderstood your original point then.

The fix is to lower the cost of living by ending rentierism. This would make work pay, and allow benefits to be lowered.