House Price Crash Forum
DebtFree2011

The Media Are Lying To Us

The media are JUMPING on the rightmove stats Re: Asking Prices are UP. They twist the truth beyond recognition, and PROCLAIM that the property market has recovered ... these people are liars, and quite often .... with significant property interests. How can they get away with such shameful deceit? Why are the media so poorly regulated? They can get away with pretty much ANYTHING :rolleyes:

In recent months, owners of certain "classic" cars have been refusing to drop their asking prices. If anything ... they are increasing their asking prices! ..... this does NOT mean that the market is SOARING! :rolleyes:

Did you know that only half of the properties put on the market last year sold?

(Rightmove)

Edited by DebtFree2011

The media are JUMPING on the rightmove stats Re: Asking Prices are UP. They twist the truth beyond recognition, and PROCLAIM that the property market has recovered ... these people are liars, and quite often .... with significant property interests. How can they get away with such shameful deceit? Why are the media so poorly regulated? They can get away with pretty much ANYTHING :rolleyes:

In recent months, owners of certain "classic" cars have been refusing to drop their asking prices. If anything ... they are increasing their asking prices! ..... this does NOT mean that the market is SOARING! :rolleyes:

(Rightmove)

I follow the classic car market and I can tell you only the cream, the very best of RARE and original cars are going up, the rest are not. I particularly look at Jaguars and especially e-types and dealers thought they would cash in on the 50th anniversary, most have been badly caught out I am delighted to say. Guide prices are down for virtually all e-types and even rare cars ( 1961 out side bonnet latches) failed to sell at auction. You can ask what you like, but buyers are scarce and becoming scarcer. For what it is worth I just came back from Spain, house sales in the 1st quarter of 2011 are down 30% against 2010 levels with the 2nd quarter down 40%. In my opinion we are heading for part two of a crash.

(Rightmove)

Vague recollection but about 6 months ago I read a fartical about Estate Agents leaving rightmove cos they were asking a huge rise in membership fees. EA's were telling them to shove it where - and they were all moving over to another online entity.

This would mean Rightmove statistics are possibly totally skewd (manipulated for false impression which media jump on) because of the minimal sample sales posted back