House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dredwerker

Mancession

Hi all,

I have lost my job in the main(I pick up a few bits and bobs). I am now overqualified and underqualified for jobs - yay. My wife now earns more than me and I am a full time househusband and childcarer. The odd thing for me is I am one of three blokes I know. One builder,one bike shop owner and me ICT Project Manager.

None of this will show up in the stats.

Anybody else out there? Is this a new trend?

Surely this will affect HousePrices?

Thanks for listening :)

Hi all,

I have lost my job in the main(I pick up a few bits and bobs). I am now overqualified and underqualified for jobs - yay. My wife now earns more than me and I am a full time househusband and childcarer. The odd thing for me is I am one of three blokes I know. One builder,one bike shop owner and me ICT Project Manager.

Add me (sort of)

Still have some contract work coming in piecemeal, but for the full time jobs I have applied for (in Australia) I keep getting "your overqualified." The simple fact that i don't want one of the jobs that I am supposedly qualified for (which pay 30% less than the ones I am overqualified for) doesn't seem to count for much. Never had that sort of problem in the UK.

Add me (sort of)

Still have some contract work coming in piecemeal, but for the full time jobs I have applied for (in Australia) I keep getting "your overqualified." The simple fact that i don't want one of the jobs that I am supposedly qualified for (which pay 30% less than the ones I am overqualified for) doesn't seem to count for much. Never had that sort of problem in the UK.

I wouldn't want to work for a firm who didn't know the difference between "Your" and "You're". Steer well clear of them would be my advice.

Hi all,

this is nothing new. in the last decade they were known as lady-men.

Sorry to hear that you have lost your job, it is very tough at the moment and I can only see it getting a lot worse.

Having said that the company I work for has just laid off several electrical engineers and computer programmers, the majority of them have found new work within a few weeks and from all accounts they are now better paid and in more secure companies.

Good Luck and I hope it works out for you.

Only if the OP keeps the kids.

Not true, if you are dependent on your parner for your "lifestyle" then they have to pay maintenence to keep you "in the style to which you are accustomed" until your circumstances improve or you find someone else to leech off of. Of course men very rarely get to play this card.

75%of somalian women and 50% of the men.are unemployed be thankful for small mercies.

Yes I feel very sorry for the somalian women who are unemployed. It is any wonder that they move to the UK at all given the plight of those over here.

Get a a divorce - she will have to pay you maintenence.

Ho ho :)

this is nothing new. in the last decade they were known as lady-men.

o great now I have pee-taking name for it :)

Sorry to hear that you have lost your job, it is very tough at the moment and I can only see it getting a lot worse.

Having said that the company I work for has just laid off several electrical engineers and computer programmers, the majority of them have found new work within a few weeks and from all accounts they are now better paid and in more secure companies.

Good Luck and I hope it works out for you.

Thanks for the sympathy. I am just worried that we will have to leave England like the Irish are leaving Ireland.

Just thought it was strange that a few of us blokes were out of work and that none of us will show up on the jobless stats.

Is there a much bigger problem than most people think?

Is the impact of stopping public sector spending much wider than initially thought?

Thanks for the sympathy. I am just worried that we will have to leave England like the Irish are leaving Ireland.

Just thought it was strange that a few of us blokes were out of work and that none of us will show up on the jobless stats.

Is there a much bigger problem than most people think?

Is the impact of stopping public sector spending much wider than initially thought?

Every month the number of people switching to part time work from full time work is increasing. People get benefits for working less hours.

So in the past two people had full time jobs but now they share one. The tax revenue is cut in half and they claim more in benefits than what they pay in tax so are net takers from the system.

It's OK though because we can print some more money and the "markets" think we are doing cuts.