House Price Crash Forum
rockhopper

The Secret Immigration Policy They Tried To Hide : Mode 4

sorry if this has been posted before but a search on 'mode 4' turned up nowt recent .

came across a reference to this in the comments on a grauniad article .this is dated sept 1st.

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2011/09/01/comment-the-secret-immigration-policy-they-tr

Behind closed doors, EU negotiations will trigger a new wave of cheap labour into Britain.

Moving workers from a lower to a higher socio-economic country is a very profitable business for the transnational corporations that are in a position to benefit, on a par with moving production and service work to cheaper labour areas of the world.

With the WTO Doha deal apparently abandoned, the EU has been negotiating a set of bilateral and regional trade deals with much of the world. These deals are more secretive than WTO negotiations, with the contents of negotiations kept private until those negotiations are completed.

seems to be related to saint vince ... not quite such a saint these days.

Maybe the eu will collapse and save us from this .... I am currently quite depressed

about the state of britain and this did nowt to cheer me :(

and if it is to be believed, neither the greens nor ukip are against it .

clearly with all these indians coming into britain , more natives will be out of work

which will force house prices down and rents up ... just to keep it on topic.

I would suggest a letter to your mp might help ... or then again ...

edited to add ... just found what appears to be a related article

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/aug/25/dead-end-globalisation-youth-rage

rockhopper

Edited by rockhopper

sorry if this has been posted before but a search on 'mode 4' turned up nowt recent .

came across a reference to this in the comments on a grauniad article .this is dated sept 1st.

http://www.politics....-policy-they-tr

seems to be related to saint vince ... not quite such a saint these days.

Maybe the eu will collapse and save us from this .... I am currently quite depressed

about the state of britain and this did nowt to cheer me :(

and if it is to be believed, neither the greens nor ukip are against it .

clearly with all these indians coming into britain , more natives will be out of work

which will force house prices down and rents up ... just to keep it on topic.

I would suggest a letter to your mp might help ... or then again ...

edited to add ... just found what appears to be a related article

http://www.guardian....tion-youth-rage

rockhopper

Britain is on a one way course towards collapse, in everyway possible.

The EU is including Mode 4 concessions in all of the deals it is currently negotiating. In fact Mode 4 is the carrot, to obtain, in exchange, investment opportunity access into trading partner countries for transnational financial services corporations, which are for the most part based in London.

A very important trade deal in this regard is the EU/India Free Trade Agreement (FTA) that has been under negotiation for four years. It has been discovered that Mode 4 concessions are the one thing that the Indian government is demanding. In addition, leaked documentation shows that the liberalised UK will be taking the bulk of the EU's Mode 4 commitment.

In fact Trade Commission staff have admitted that the EU/India FTA is, in effect , 85% a UK deal. That's the percentage of the gains which will accrue to the UK (well, the international financial firms based in London, anyway) while the UK (UK workers, this time) will get that percentage of the pain.

Multiculturism without integration is ghettoisation

which leads to all sortsa sh1t ,but all sortsa sh1t is a great distraction

for the magicians at the bank to make your money disappear

dont blame it on the white boy,dont blame it on the black boy

dont blame it on the brown boy,blame it on the bankers

"Our goal is gradually to absorb the wealth of the world." - Cecil Rhodes, "The secret banking cabal"

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation and I care not who makes the laws." Mayer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the Rothschild international Banking Dynasty, 1790 (Mervyn King 2011)

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England… nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament , or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All we have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Herman Goering

all going to plan so far

Secret...ha. When I started to see more foreign lardasses stumbling around the shopping precinct day in day out, than British lardasses, unable to speak any coherent english it was pretty plain they were'nt here to solve the 'skills shortage' or 'pensions crisis' or any of the other BS.

The type of capitalism we've been practicing where 'capital' appreciates.. so real wealth is transfered from working people to the holders of capital on a continuing basis.. only works with exponential population increase.

If they let our barren birth rate take effect, the value of capital would plummet in value. Instead of actually increasing. This happened in the black death in Europe, the value of land fell to next to nothing. Once you get a surplus of homes in an area, it reverses from the highest bidder winning the property, to the lowest seller winning the sale. So for the average house the price approaches zero.

Its not a fine balance like if you add 5% population to an area, teh average house adds 5%. And if you subtract 5% population the average house loses 5%. Its more like if you add 5%, the average house increases by 40%.. and if you subtract by 5%, the average house loses 60% of its value.

I heard rumours that the Labour party plan was to increase the population of Britain to something like 103 million by 2035.. and 250 million by 2100. And I haven't seen the Tories changing path.

Awfully inefficient, arrogant, and dangerous to bloat the population in a relatively small island nation that has urban centres already bursting, creating a serf class population in process, when technology is becoming ever more productive anyway. I hope people in general, what ever their background or where they came from, overthrow these clowns running the Western world into the ground...

Edited by Big Orange

Worst bits - more lobby group induced policy behindc closed, the utter duplicity of the unions and the uk taking the thick edge of the wedge of the effects as usual.

Britain is on a one way course towards collapse, in everyway possible.

I'm not saying they all are but the majority Indian working cultcha is one of pure corruption - great to see them working??brought into the UK with that mindset!

Fits in great with rest of City too!

Massive international/Global bankers/company accountant 'names' have been fined tens-hundreds of Millions in India - cos their workers were caught up (as accomplices) in huge Company corruption messes (along with loads in Indian Parliament)

Edited by erranta

The type of capitalism we've been practicing where 'capital' appreciates.. so real wealth is transfered from working people to the holders of capital on a continuing basis.. only works with exponential population increase.

If they let our barren birth rate take effect, the value of capital would plummet in value. Instead of actually increasing. This happened in the black death in Europe, the value of land fell to next to nothing. Once you get a surplus of homes in an area, it reverses from the highest bidder winning the property, to the lowest seller winning the sale. So for the average house the price approaches zero.

Its not a fine balance like if you add 5% population to an area, teh average house adds 5%. And if you subtract 5% population the average house loses 5%. Its more like if you add 5%, the average house increases by 40%.. and if you subtract by 5%, the average house loses 60% of its value.

I heard rumours that the Labour party plan was to increase the population of Britain to something like 103 million by 2035.. and 250 million by 2100. And I haven't seen the Tories changing path.

Scarcity = Profit.

Try and let it wash over you, then if the inevitable break up of society happens do something then otherwise ignore these articles, no one cares for Britain any more and you should try not to take it too personally. Hard to do I know.

there are several things that bug/trouble me atm

- the failure of the govt for so long to acknowledge peak oil ... and it seemed to be a banned phrase

on the beeb (remember one of them saying well you know its a finite resource ... as if they were not allowed

to say 'peak oil' ..

and especially to do nowt about it . aided I guess by the govts chief scientific adviser saying no problem till

2030 (or was it 2050) even tho it was obvious at the time ... (dont worry the people.?)

- the suppression of free speech and attacks on *peaceful* demonstrators inc kettling

- the amount of immigration has indeed changed the face of britain and not for the better .

lack of integration, and the rest .

Massive extra demand for housing ... 3M or is it 7M extra people in the last 13 years ... and the tories for all their

fine words in opposition are doing nothing now..

water meters are being installed thru our area as they are unable to meet the increased demand

- the privatisation of the NHS started by nulab and obviously continued by the tories ...and supported by the libdems .

I will just give the link that I have given before "the plot against the nhs"

http://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkingdom/colin-leys/plot-against-nhs

- there is the Tullet prebon report for just before the election which states

the bleeding obvious (If they were a party I would have voted for them).

so the link and some extracts that particularly chime with me .

http://www.tullettprebon.com/Documents/strategyinsights/tp04-10_TPSI_report_004final_LR.pdf

p10

The original aim of privatisation was to return to the private sector

industries which had no logical place in government ownership.

After the departure of Mrs Thatcher, however, privatisation was pushed

into wholly inappropriate areas of public service provision. This

resulted in a costly and inefficient fragmentation of the public

services, and claims that this would offer both efficiency and consumer

choice were essentially bogus.

also

- Trends towards excessive deregulation of financial services

began in the 1980s, and triggered the regrettable de-mutualisation of

the building societies.

Since the early 1990s, the need for energy security has been neglected,

and short-termism (most notably in the `dash to gas' in power

generation) has damaged the longer-term outlook for energy.

Britain has, since the 1990s, taken an unduly relaxed stance towards

overseas ownership of key strategic industries. Britain is almost alone

among major developed economies in that it has allowed

its utilities, airports and other key strategic assets to become

foreign-owned.

p11 the great experiment , talks about labours cockups .

Britain faces significant `vortex risk', by which we mean the danger that

the economy could be damaged, via much higher interest rates,

if the markets conclude that UK government indebtedness is out

of control.

`Vortex risk' makes resolute action imperative.

p12 3. money troubles - talks about the debt esp public pensions andd pfi .

p13 4. the way we live now

includes :

Quasi-market `reforms', and a proliferation of agencies and

quangos, have created a sprawling, costly and inefficient bureaucracy.

p14 5. limited options the way out

The obvious solution would be to reverse the growth in public

spending by seeking, over a five- year period, real cuts of £80bn. This

would amount to nothing more drastic than reducing real-terms

spending to the levels of 2004-05, when public services were hardly

cash-starved.

p15 6. practical alternatives

Since our outline reform plan is aimed at slashing administrative

overheads, we see no need to reduce the salaries of public sector

workers earning less than £30,000 annually (though higher pension

contributions seem inevitable).

Essentially, Britain needs to commence a `quest for national efficiency'.

- Driving down administrative costs

- Scrapping many quangos and quasi-autonomous `agencies'

- Reconsolidating fragmented public services

- Simplifying the tax system (and combining National Insurance with

income tax)

- Abandoning the ID card and NHS computer programmes

- Scrapping the wasteful PFI system

- Concentrating any possible scope for realignment of taxation into

raising personal tax thresholds at least to the level of the minimum wage

- Limiting corporate tax relief on interest expense

- Scrapping the failed tripartite system and handing responsibility

for banking supervision to the Bank of England

- Imposing mortgage lending limits in order to minimise the risk

of future asset bubbles.

just to repeat this was published before the last general election.

- the outright lies (by any 'court of the people?) and deliberate saying one thing and doing something else

by the party that gets elected , many possible examples but esp Dave saying no more top down

re-organisations of the nhs ... well its a bottom up one innit.

- the running of the country not for the benefit of the people but the elites .

There is a report from Democratic Audit by David Beetham

http://www.democraticaudit.com/corporate-and-financial-dominance-in-britains-democracy

24pages pdf , that I have read and need to re-read .

- letting house prices get out of control ... fkd up many lives thru this

I think there are other things that bother me , that I have forgotten about at the moment

(probably just as well )

To reply to the original thought from bulltraderpt :

Yes, I know I should let it wash over me , it is easier said than done ... maybe I should stop looking on here

as it is a series of shocks , just get over one item and then read another one. :( .

rockhopper

Within the supposedly 'capped' UK points based system for labour migration, the government has ensured that the categories relevant to trade commitments have no numerical limits. There are no such limits on the 'intra-corporate transferees (ICTs) category in Tier 2 or on the 'international agreements' category in Tier 5. Neither is there any resident labour market test, which would stipulate that jobs have to be offered here first.

In fact both these restrictions are disallowed at the international trade level in respect of Mode 4.

Under the current points based system, skilled workers are currently being brought in and paid the minimum wage, which is then made up to a low industry norm with tax-free expenses and with no national insurance payable. Thus the UK government is even now encouraging the use of a cheap labour supply that not only displaces workers here but also damages the national economy in a variety of ways. Wages are repatriated overseas, the earn/spend cycle needed for recovery is broken, workers become unemployed and the welfare bill increases, the employment future for young people is further curtailed, and skills transfer are lost for the future.

That last point is the one that we might never recover from.

It would seem like a load of right wing capitalists are trying to engineer a global second world communist state. Or at least this will be the unintended by product. do they fear the demograhic time bomb that much?! What happened to markets, demand and labour finding their own levels?!