House Price Crash Forum
marmite

Withdraw Cash From The Bank ?

"Cashiers will have a set number of questions to ask anyone withdrawing large amounts of cash "

What's a large amount £500, £2000, £10000 .........................

The article is not clear.

The problem is with old people withdrawing large amounts under pressure - which I can see as a problem, and I can see why the banks would want to check that they've not lost their marbles.

But the article talks of checking "anyone" :unsure:

PS If I ever get questioned when withdrawing £5,000 - I'll just say that it's to pay for a really good call-girl for the weekend. What can the teller answer? It's perfectly legal :lol:

What answers will be deemed in danger of being a prelude to fraud and what will the bank do?

If the old person says "I'm withdrawing £10k to invest in tulips like the nice man told me to" will the staff member suggest that instead he/she talks to one of their friendly financial advisers...!? :lol: Out of the frying pan...

"Cashiers will have a set number of questions to ask anyone withdrawing large amounts of cash "

Nothing unusual. I have been asked this several times, usually when transferring money. The first couple of times I shouted at the poor muppet that it was my money, and I could dispose of it as I pleased. Or that the reason for the transaction was that I wanted the transaction to happen. Now I just say it is to pay for sundry expenses if the amount is worth years of the muppet's income, and that I want to buy a house if the amount is trivial.

Thankfully, I can trivially prove that I earned the money and paid tax on it. Anyone who cannot easily do that is probably ill-advised to yank their chain though.

I think the thing to remember that this is a colabaration with the local police. Could the bank refuse to give you your money and refer the request to the police under the pretext that fraud was being committed because they didn't like the answers you gave to their questions??

I think the thing to remember that this is a colabaration with the local police. Could the bank refuse to give you your money and refer the request to the police under the pretext that fraud was being committed because they didn't like the answers you gave to their questions??

The wont say a word, they will just file a suspicious transaction which may be investigated.

Physical cash is the only form of publicly issued, debt-free money that we the people can use to conduct our business.

Other than handling charges, there is no profit in it for the commercial banks.

In contrast the electronic money that in practice we are forced now to use for almost all monetary transactions must first be borrowed into circulation at interest from the commercial banks. For each circulating electronic pound that we use to run our economy, someone somewhere is paying interest on the originating loan to the issuing bank.

Thus almost our whole means of exchange is quite literally on loan to us.

Collectively we pay dearly for a utility that we could provide for ourselves at negligible cost.

I call this 'rent-a-currency'.

We need to legislate to control the issuance of electronic money as we did in 1844 for paper money.

http://www.positivemoney.org.uk

Physical cash is the only form of publicly issued, debt-free money that we the people can use to conduct our business.

In contrast the electronic money that in practice we are forced now to use for almost all monetary transactions must first be borrowed into circulation at interest from the commercial banks. For each circulating electronic pound that we use to run our economy, someone somewhere is paying interest on the originating loan to the issuing bank.

Collectively we pay dearly for a utility that we could provide for ourselves at negligible cost.

We need to legislate to control the issuance of electronic money as we did in 1844 for paper money.

You never did tell me how much I should be punished for disagreeing with you....

How many years in prison are enough?

5?

10?

Enough to buy a house sir........you don't need cash to buy a house....

There is not enough cash for everyone to buy a house with cash......no reason to have cash for anything when an automated transfer will suffice.....if you can't transfer, that raises a question as to why? ;)

Do you not agree that financial mediators should be paid for their accounting services?

Tbh it's all to easy to claim that this job could be provided at very little cost when you're not the one at the coalface, my mum's toilet wouldn't flush the other day and I incorrectly assumed that it was a 10 minute job, 24 hours and a lot of swearing later I finally finished the damn thing.

For banks to bank they need to make a profit, just like any business, and if they make super-profits either slap them with a tax or rejig the rules to allow greater competition.

I have an instance of repeated cash withdrawals at the limit allowed on an elderly relatives account. By repeated, I mean 20 or more, at two a week. It was straightforward forgery. The bank couldn't care less, neither were the police interested.

The same perp also stole several thousand from his employer forging signatures on company cheques, and the employer was told by the police, not our business, the bank has to complain. Which they didn't, instead preferring to refund the employer and thus disguise the fact they weren't checking signatures.

He finally came to grief when he stiffed another elderly victim who had connections. Before he got to court, he did a runner.

So when the banks start to ask me, "What's it for", I'll tell them it's so I can keep it safe.

i recently had to get a cheque book to be able to open another account (had to pysically pay in a £ to open, i was asked what for on this, "to transfer my 50k to a bank that pays me interest" you guessed it the cheque book took three weeks to arrive, like hell was i going to pay £20 for a branch cheque tsb worst bank in the world

On the one hand, I'm outraged at banks having the temerity to quiz me on my own wonga (and rather worried that it's a snooping government behind it all).

But, if I could be convinced it's an anti-fraud thing then that's fine. I welcome inconvenience if it helps protect my wedge.

The above is SO Obviously why USA Presidents Lincoln Garfield & JFK were assassinated by the hidden FINancial classes,

Four USA Presidents taken out in history - at least three directly attributable to the hidden money/interest making devils

They organised the Govt issues it's own cash-debts bypassing the rip-off money lenders lurking in the 'Fed Reserve'

More people that know this - the more we know who's jugulars to aim for in our 'society'!

Don't you think Garfield (represented by a FatCat) is a massive pisstake out of Pres Garfield who would have deprived them of their parasitical usury wealth?

Jim Davis was born in Fairmont, Indiana, and he grew up on a small farm with his mother and father, one brother and 25 cats. I guess that's where he came up with so many of his humorous Garfield cartoon strips. Davis went to Ball state University. At Ball State, he was a member of the Theta Xi fraternity. While there, he had the improbable accolade of having one of the lowest cumulative GPA's in the history of Ball State.An accolade fortuitously shared with David Letterman, the talk show host of the Late Show.

Davis now resides in Muncie, Indiana, where Garfield is written along his staff at his company, Paws, Inc., which began in 1981.

http://www.kamron.com/economics/people_who_opposed_the_FRB.htm

The Signers of the Constitution

The Revolution was fought for Independence from England's Central Banking System, as well as for Freedom from English Taxation. Many of the Signers lost everything, and some, their lives, in this English War of Conquest.

Those who fought and died in the War of 1812

Another English War of Conquest-

The Bank of England financed this renewed attempt to get control of our Commerce, Trade, and Money Systems. BEN FRANKLIN - THE TWO BANKING SYSTEMS From the autobiography of Ben Franklin, as reported by Gertrude Coogan in "Money Creators": ...the inability of the colonists to get the power to issue their own money permanently out of the hands of George III and the international bankers was the PRIME reason for the Revolutionary War.

Ben Franklin answering a question about the booming economy of the young colonies: "That is simple. In the colonies we issue our own money. It is called Colonial Scrip. We issue it in proper proportions to the demands of trade and industry." (Colonial Scrip had no debt or interest attached.

See Essay on Colonial Scrip.

(For any USA peeps reading this you should know that Bank Of England is a Private owned bank & no British Govt Elites will force the owners to be unmasked (ie it has nothing to do with ordinary English citizens - just our Elites)

Alexander Hamilton-(1755-1804)

Founded the first central bank in the United States.

International bankers saw that interest-free scrip would keep America free of their influence, so by 1781 banker-backed Alexander Hamilton succeeded in starting the Bank of America. After a few years of "bank money", the prosperity of "Colonial Scrip" was gone. Benjamin Franklin said, "Conditions were so reversed that the era of prosperity had ended and a depression set in to such an extent that the streets of the Colonies were filled with the unemployed!" Bank money was like our FED money. It had debt and interest attached.

By 1790 Hamilton and his bankers had created a privately owned central bank and converted the public debt (interest-free) into interest bearing bonds, payable to the bankers. When Hamilton's bank charter expired in 1811, the international bankers started the war of 1812. By 1816, another privately-owned U.S. bank was started with $35 million in assets - only $7 million of that was owned by the government. This bank lasted for 20 years. U.S. history shows that currency with debt and interest attached created a depression.

{Alexander Hamilton was killed in a duel, in 1804 by Aaron Burr, a British Sympathizer.}

Napoleon Bonaparte-(1769-1821) Emperor of France(1804-1815)

Had a free hand in Europe as long as he borrowed from the Bank of Rothschilds. When he quit borrowing he was attacked by the English. Napoleon, a sympathizer for the international bankers, turned against them in the last years of his rule. He said: "When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes... Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."

Andrew Jackson, 7th U.S. President, 1829-1824

When the 1816 charter expired in 1836, Andrew Jackson vetoed its renewal. See Jackson's Veto Message to Congress It was then that he made two famous statements: "The Bank is trying to kill me - but I will kill it!" Later he said "If the American people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking system - there would be a revolution before morning..."

Abraham Lincoln-(1809-1865) the 16th President of the U.S.

Assassinated while in Office.

In his First Inaugural Address, Lincoln made a point to discuss the role of Capital and Labor. Significant national issues were, at that time, in the first official speech, immediately after a Presidential Election.

Lincoln spoke on finances and government: "In his First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861, Abraham Lincoln stated: "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed, if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. Capital has its rights, which are as worthy of protection as any other rights."

President Lincoln needed money to finance the Civil War, and the international bankers offered him loans at 24-36% interest. Lincoln balked at their demands because he didn't want to plunge the nation into such a huge debt. Lincoln approached Congress about passing a law to authorize the printing of U.S. Treasury Notes. Lincoln said "We gave the people of this Republic the greatest blessing they ever had - their own paper money to pay their debts..." Lincoln printed over 400 million "Greenbacks" (debt and interest-free) and paid the soldiers, U.S. government employees, and bought war supplies. The international bankers didn't like it and wanted Lincoln to borrow the money from them, so that the American people would owe tremendous interest on the loan. Lincoln's solution made this seem ridiculous. Shortly after Lincoln's death, the government revoked the Greenback law which ended Lincoln's debt-free, interest-free money. A new national banking act was enacted and all currency became interest-bearing, debt instruments, again.

James A. Garfield-(1831-1881) 20th President of the United States.

Assassinated in Office.

President James A. Garfield said: "Whoever controls the money in any country is absolute master of industry [legislation] and commerce".

Louis T. McFadden,-Chairman of the House Banking Committee-(1928-1935)

After two attempts on his life in 1933-1934, McFadden died "mysteriously" in 1935.

See His Comments in the Essay on Colonial Scrip.

John F. Kennedy -(1917-1963)-35th President of the United States-

Assassinated in Office.

On June 4, 1963, President Kennedy issued Executive Order 11110.

This Executive Order called for the issuance of new currency -

the United States Note. At the time, $4,292,893 of this currency was put into circulation. This new currency was to be distributed through the U.S. Treasury and not the Federal Reserve System. Furthermore, it was to be issued debt and interest-free.

Upon Kennedy's assassination, this currency was withdrawn from circulation, never to be issued again

Edited by erranta

Just say that you no longer trust that bank with your money due to capital adequacy ratios and continuing bad debt. That is a valid reason, and doesn't tell them what you will do with it.

If we enough do it, they will need to raise interest rates to stop the cash being taken out, with higher rates for savers and borrowers.

I recently transferred some money from RBS to another bank. They asked why - I told them it was because RBS was a joke. The teller smiled (wryly) and happily transferred the money...

Just say that you no longer trust that bank with your money due to capital adequacy ratios and continuing bad debt. That is a valid reason, and doesn't tell them what you will do with it.

If we enough do it, they will need to raise interest rates to stop the cash being taken out, with higher rates for savers and borrowers.

I like this and I shall use it next time I withdraw a large sum :)