House Price Crash Forum
erranta

Eurosceptics – An Apology

Many congrats to the HPC posse of 'fact crunchers' and alternative views - who spelt out the bleedin' obvious time and time again over the years.

The misleading Politicos & Media 'idiots' are falling on their swords!

Eurosceptics – an apology

By Daniel Hannan Politics

Last updated: September 13th, 2011

The apology you won't be reading in the MSM

"In common with all other Europhile columnists, I have spent the past 20 years suggesting that opponents of the EU are little better than football hooligans. Whatever their stated objections, I have insisted on inferring chauvinism as their real motive. Eurosceptics might have protested that the European Commission was undemocratic, that the EU budget was corrupt, that the Common Agricultural and Fisheries Policies were disastrous. But I interpreted these objections as crude dog-whistles to xenophobes. Critics of the Brussels system might speak Esperanto (as Sir Teddy does), or be married to Germans (as Nigel Farage is), but I dismissed them as Little Englanders of the ugliest sort.

"I now accept that they were right all along. The EU has wrecked our economy, distorted our democracy and curtailed our liberty. Had we listened to the sceptics 20 years ago, we might now be in the enviable position of Norway and Switzerland. In fact, the real narrow-mindedness was on the part of those pro-Europeans who, because they wanted to flaunt their disdain for nationalism, averted their eyes from the EU's failings. We turn out to have been the bigots all along. I apologise for any confusion caused". '33'

So far, two pro-EU columnists have recanted with irreproachable graciousness: Matthew Parris and Max Hastings. Martin Kettle at the Guardian also deserves honourable mention. Joy shall be in Heaven and all that. When, though, are these politicians going to rethink their views?

Tags: Private Eye

Comments

And this means what, Daniel Hannan takes the Euro million to convey his message of duplicity.

" I want to be with you - but the money is better over here".

MEPs NEVER COME BACK, Parliamentary parties don't want them. They are tainted Farage, Griffen, Barnsbrook or whatever, are Euro bought and paid for, tainted, useless in our market. English politics, EURO BOUGHT POLITICIANS.

Worthless.

http://blogs.telegra...ics-an-apology/

Edited by erranta

Its not over yet!

The pound could collapse sooner than we think.

I hate the EU, but not purely because of the single currency. Its everything its done since its creation.

Cameron (The 'Greeny' with conviction whose landowning father-in-law rakes in Millions a year from useless wind power which we are all forced to pay Xtra for thru excess greeny taxes - pure scam

(note the connection with AIR-AYR and the Masons Mother Lodge and Blair (33 degree) Castle)

winding us all up and lying to the UK Nations faces over illusionary "Referendum"

Comments - show feelings of those who took an interest researching the lying *******

Erranta, you were doing just fine until you decided to go all Da Vinci code on us. :rolleyes:

I think I must have missed the post when he didn't do a Da vinci code... Might you given some of the mad people who have turned out to be correct on this board it might bonkers to criticise erranta even.

Cameron (The 'Greeny' with conviction whose landowning father-in-law rakes in Millions a year from useless wind power which we are all forced to pay Xtra for thru excess greeny taxes - pure scam

(note the connection with AIR-AYR and the Masons Mother Lodge and Blair (33 degree) Castle)

winding us all up and lying to the UK Nations faces over illusionary "Referendum"

Comments - show feelings of those who took an interest researching the lying *******

That was Cameron's moment of truth for the UK people. A moment of trust.

He completely failed it more so than any Conservative leader/Prime Minister in living memory (failed it maybe even more than any Conservative poitician of any level and of any rank down to the most junior. Even the grass roots conservatives wouldn't have failed so abjectly).

Anti democracy writ large.

Edited by billybong