House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Belgium Finally Set To End World's Longest Ever Political Limbo

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/belgium-finally-set-to-end-worlds-longest-ever-political-limbo-2355437.html

After a world record-breaking 15 months without an elected government, Belgium appeared yesterday to be teetering on the edge of a compromise between its Dutch-speaking and francophone political parties.

Although no coalition government has yet been agreed, eight parties have solved a conundrum which has defied Belgian politicians for almost half a century: how to guarantee the civic rights of French-speaking people who live in the officially Dutch-speaking suburbs of Brussels.

And after 15 months of having no govt the country hasn't imploded. I wonder if Belgium life has been any better over those 15 months?

http://www.independe...bo-2355437.html

And after 15 months of having no govt the country hasn't imploded. I wonder if Belgium life has been any better over those 15 months?

I live in Belgium and can honestly say I havent noticed any difference whatsoever

The roads are still full of holes (and arseholes)

the people still start work on Tuesday and finish on Thursday

and between tuesday and Thursday they are on a go slow

beer chips and chocolate get consumed at the same rate

and nobody gives a sh1t about anything

The only thing that keeps Belgium together is they despise NL France and Germany

more than they despise each other

it should be noted that there are 3 distinct groups in Belgium (Flems in the north Walloons in the south and German speakers in the east)

I live in Belgium and can honestly say I havent noticed any difference whatsoever

the people still start work on Tuesday and finish on Thursday

and between tuesday and Thursday they are on a go slow

beer chips and chocolate get consumed at the same rate

and nobody gives a sh1t about anything

The only thing that keeps Belgium together is they despise NL France and Germany

more than they despise each other

it should be noted that there are 3 distinct groups in Belgium (Flems in the north Walloons in the south and German speakers in the east)

The food's pretty good in Belgium, though, isn't it. I guess you can't have everything.

I recently went for a holiday in Brussels for 4 days, it was the most bizarre holiday. The tube trains and buses were mostly empty at all times of the day, the roads seemed clear of traffic and there didn't seem to be many people anywhere. It was like the whole place was deserted most of the time.

We went to a few museums which were good except this toy museum which didn't seem like anyone gave a crap about it as there was displays just fallen over, toys piled up to the ceiling and no real order to how the place was laid out.

Although admitedly we had a steak in some hotel restaurant and it was probably the nicest steak I have ever eaten in my life. Would probably go back just for that alone :lol:

There was no goverment when I went and I didn't see anyone crying in the street or running rampage so it can't be that much of an issue.

That is so true :)....roundabouts are a lottery. The road outside our house which is concrete was laid in 1955.....and never been repaired since.