House Price Crash Forum
monks

Updated With Pic! Sign By The Side Of A Roundabout In Warrington

Driving home from work tonight I have just passed a crude, homemade sandwich board sign chained to a lamp post.

IMG_4075.jpg

A laughable pigs ear of an advert - I originally thought it was for a roadside greasy spoon it was that bad.

People are getting desperate folks!

(On the junction of a busy roundabout - where Woolston Grange Ave meets A57 at the M6 junction 21 for those of you unlucky enough to be travelling through Warrington)

Edited by monks

Kerry Katona struggling again?

Eagle Eyes at 55mph + described in Bible as an "Unclean Bird"

Driving home from work tonight I have just passed a crude, homemade sandwich board sign chained to a lamp post.

Painted yellow to catch attention and covered in little black letter stickers proclaiming:

"House For Sale in Hollins Green"

It then went on to describe the property and listed contact details!

It was a laughable pigs ear of an advert - I originally thought it was for a roadside greasy spoon it was that bad.

(Will try and get a picture tomorrow, but it is right on the junction of a busy roundabout - where Woolston Grange Ave meets A57 at the M6 junction 21 for those of you unlucky enough to be travelling through Warrington)

I'll be going through that very junction next week, will keep an eye out.

I'll be going through that very junction next week, will keep an eye out.

The Ad must be working then! It's even made it onto this website without the owner lifting a finger!

Good luck to them in their sale. Post it here and encourage someone to put in a realistic very low offer right away.

The Ad must be working then! It's even made it onto this website without the owner lifting a finger!

Good luck to them in their sale. Post it here and encourage someone to put in a realistic very low offer right away.

Mmm working indeed. It's come to the attention of a person on this board. Alas it's seeking ridicule on here rather than encouraging a sale.

There's no compulsion to use the services of an estate agent. :huh:

There's no compulsion to use the services of an estate agent. :huh:

They probably are using an EA but a house in Hollins Green is unlikely to get much passing traffic. Sticking you own crudely fashioned signs on a very busy road that goes past (not through) the place is not a terrible idea.

As for it being effective, until very recently I drove past Hollins Green every day and there's been signs up for ages, so not that effective. Someone once claimed on the North West forum that Hollins was a good place to live. Well, only if you don't mind getting stuck in traffic queueing for the local toll bridge twice a day. I'll pass thanks.

Graffiti and flyposting

Local authorities provide advertising space to advertise local events to prevent flyposting....

... If you are concerned about graffiti and flyposting in your area, please contact:

Halton Borough Council

Call the contact centre on 0303 333 4300 or fill out the following form:

http://www2.halton.gov.uk/content/councilanddemocracy/council/enquiriesform?visitorSubject=Report%20graffiti%20and%20flyposting

---

http://www.cheshire.police.uk/advice--information/rural-and-environment/environmental-crime.aspx

Ouch who's going to snitch?

Painted yellow to catch attention and covered in little black letter stickers proclaiming:

"House For Sale in Hollins Green"

There is not a lamppost in Spain(Costa Blanca) without a house for sale poster , were just catching up :D

Up the road in Chester, I've noticed more desperate 'for sales' signs on commercial property. They increasingly include the price , like £395 K for a pub or rent £12000 per annum for a shop.

The historic Chester rows are emptying at an alarming rate. Particularly around bridge st. and the cross

Today i recieved a flyer through the door from david wilson homes asking if i would be interested in purchasing a home on the new estate in newton le willows (probably a mile from where the roundabout sign is) via the new government homebuy scheme, 85k for a 1 bed new build hutch that i can afford to buy but cant afford to live in, no thanks. So far ive had 2 of my mates ring me to tell me they have got the flyer as well, one lives in wigan and one in liverpool, seems to be quite a large are to cover with flyers to sell a few 5hitty houses if you ask me. I bet the roundabout sign gets covered with a david wilson home sign pretty soon :)

IMG_4075.jpg

A laughable pigs ear of an advert - I originally thought it was for a roadside greasy spoon it was that bad.

(On the junction of a busy roundabout - where Woolston Grange Ave meets A57 at the M6 junction 21 for those of you unlucky enough to be travelling through Warrington)

And the price is? pointless sign

Am I just plain thick, or is anybody else wondering wtf "robes to master bedroom" means?

Walk in (ward)robe, off the master bedroom? Its a little obtuse, and I assume something you only abbreviate if you have one .'. its pointless putting the abbreviation on a ad!

Edited by AteMoose

Walk in (ward)robe, off the master bedroom? Its a little obtuse...

That's what I'm guessing, but since they'd already had to go into a second line to include the word "bedroom", you'd think they could have stretched to an extra four letters. Perhaps they were trying to save the ink.

That's what I'm guessing, but since they'd already had to go into a second line to include the word "bedroom", you'd think they could have stretched to an extra four letters. Perhaps they were trying to save the ink.

I agree 'Wardrobe to master bedroom' would be better but that sounds VERY daft, bedrooms have wardrobes... there isnt the space for 'walk in wardrobe to mastter bedroom', .'. the abbreviation so you don't look fking stupid?

Edited by AteMoose

I agree 'Wardrobe to mater bedroom' would be better but that sounds VERY daft, bedrooms have wardrobes... there isnt the space for 'walk in wardrobe to mastter bedroom', .'. the abbreviation so you don't you fking stupid?

I'm just not very well versed in sign writing etitquette.