House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Rule No 1 When Buying A House....

When I saw this place come on the market today I thought....I think I recognize this place....I think I drive past this place every day.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35153858.html?premiumA=true

It's right on the A45 just before it meets the M1, off J15.

Click on Streetview to see what's outside the front door. !!!

If you scroll up a bit away from the lorry you can see the house.

A snip at only £214K...for a 3 bed too, that's about £200K too much in my opinion.

When I saw this place come on the market today I thought....I think I recognize this place....I think I drive past this place every day.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35153858.html?premiumA=true

A snip at only £214K...for a 3 bed too, that's about £200K too much in my opinion.

It would be a lovely place if you are hard of hearing. Or like truck spotting. Either would work.

Horses for courses.

I thought rule number 1 was: 'make sure the current occupiers have twigs in vases'? :rolleyes:

LOL. My wife so wants to get them, but based on the comments on HPC, its never going to happen. I couldn't be in the same room with the twigs and not imagine a load of people pointing and laughing.

My link

Pan left to see the derelict former University of Derby campus, hiding behind a leylandii monstrosity.

Pan even further left and that 'private road' is created by a gate across the forner access road to the campus. Planning permission has been granted, and the road won't stay 'private' forever.

As for the price :lol:

Excellent access...

Its history tells a story...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-value.html?searchLocation=NN4+0YW&displayPropertyType=detachedshouses&bedrooms=3&radius=0.25&sellersPriceGuide=Update+Results

Originally on at peak in early 2007 For £255k....gradually reduced to £210k after two years :lol:

Sells for £190k early 2009

Now asking £215k.

I bet if you offered them £190,000.01 they would bite your hand off as its 'breaking even' :rolleyes:

I generally go on 50% off peak...so £125-130k seems fair...if they find someone who will tolerate that location.

Its been on for a while and is currently listed with another agent, Stonhills I think.

I know the road, but don't remember seeing the house there, still not a road I would want to live next to.

Easy Access to A45

I wonder how long it actually takes to pull out onto that road during rush hour?

Such a poor location for a house. They would be better off converting it to a shop or mini service station.

Such a poor location for a house. They would be better off converting it to a shop or mini service station.

+1 An awful place to live, but the site might suit a business.

For a bargain price, I could deal with the road location.

What would put me off though is another house right opposite in the same plot. I never understood the appeal of that type of thing.

I wonder how long it actually takes to pull out onto that road during rush hour?

Currently for sale as vacant posession. The previous occupier tried to pull out of the driveway onto the road.

This is the type of place that will get bought by a couple of commuters. In a few years time they start a family. Then appeal to the council to have the road speed (a highway, so presumably 70 presently) limit reduced to 40 and a speed camera put on it. Never mind that they chose to live on a main road. Watch this space!

Some people live on the North Circular road....no parking outside and if you can bear the noise when you open the window your curtains require cleaning every few weeks. :huh:

The sellers aren't thinking outside the box. It could be a LidlAldi or Tesco! Write to them and see if they're interested. Then it could be worth £1m+ !!!

Doesn't look so bad to me. It's set back a lot further from the road than many houses (makes a big difference to both noise and dirt), and it doesn't look like the kind of road where traffic is starting/stopping/maneuvering a lot, or where yobs will be loitering, kids skateboarding, etc, etc (big difference to noise and disturbance). And best of all, low risk of being blasted by some neighbour's sound system.

Doesn't look so bad to me. It's set back a lot further from the road than many houses (makes a big difference to both noise and dirt), and it doesn't look like the kind of road where traffic is starting/stopping/maneuvering a lot, or where yobs will be loitering, kids skateboarding, etc, etc (big difference to noise and disturbance). And best of all, low risk of being blasted by some neighbour's sound system.

Have you driven along that road ?

There is a nice village just off the A45 (Collingtree ) 500 yards off that road and if you view a house in the village you can't stand outside for the road noise. Not only have you for the A45 you also have the M1. The A45 is as busy as it gets, as is the M1. You would need to see the house in-situ to understand how bad the noise could be. Also, 3 beds in NH can go for anything between £120K to £200K., £210K seems a tad optimistic.