House Price Crash Forum
Butthead

Where Will The Ftse 100 Finish In 2011?

Given the enthusiasm for picking 'Black days' on HPC, what are people's predictions for the FTSE 100 at the end of the year?

My view is that it'll be around the 6000 mark, not because everything is OK now and the recovereh is at full steam but because of printing, inflation and shares being viewed as a safer place to be than government debt.

Needs a TFH option like "Western civilisation as we know it won't make it to the end of 2011".

Maybe. It's no surprise that the sub 4500 option is the most popular at present.

I get bored of seeing "FTSE drops on Bad news" ... excitedly click on it thinking it will have dropped to sub 4800 and it's at ~5100 and then x amount of days later seeing "FTSE drops on Bad news" ... excitedly click on it thinking it will have dropped to sub 4800 and it's at ~5100.

Given the enthusiasm for picking 'Black days' on HPC, what are people's predictions for the FTSE 100 at the end of the year?

My view is that it'll be around the 6000 mark, not because everything is OK now and the recovereh is at full steam but because of printing, inflation and shares being viewed as a safer place to be than government debt.

I think the savings interest rate will keep going down making the dividend rates look more attractive.

Edited by gf3

I'm a FTSE bull so I chose over 6300.

I only buy on dips so I am have had my fill recently and am awaiting further panic before buying more.

I'm a FTSE bull so I chose over 6300.

I only buy on dips so I am have had my fill recently and am awaiting further panic before buying more.

I'm annoyed I listened to the uber bears and didn't buy any in the dip. Doubt the index will see ~4,000 again?

It appears to be open to new votes. You should have a closing date on prediction threads!

True, but if !EURO! wants to cheat and vote today that's up to him. Everyone will draw their own conclusions on that...

Oh, 2011! Hadn't realised it was a resurrected thread!

As someone who's rather heavy on the equities, it's reassuring to see how off the mark the bears were in 2011. This year's been OK for me - flattish plus divis, really.

The question - what do I do with the wonga I seem to have salted away over the year but not invested? I don't much like holding cash