House Price Crash Forum
inflating

Vincent Cable Calls For Q E

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/09/16/uk-cable-qe-idUKLNE78F00720110916

(Reuters) - The Bank of England should be ready to reopen its programme of quantitative easing to prevent weak demand threatening Britain's fragile recovery, Business Secretary Vince Cable said on Friday.

"We cannot and will not allow the economy to fall into a trap of stagnation," Cable said in a pamphlet for the CentreForum think tank outlining proposals to foster sustainable growth in Britain.

meantime, US Treasury man Geitner is in Poland

Geithner presses euro zone to leverage bailout fundhttp://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/09/16/uk-eurozone-idUKTRE78E1XW20110916

as is George Michael http://www.poland.pl/news/article,George_Michael_Will_Sing_with_the_Wroclaw_Philharmonic_Orchestra,id,457598.htm

Between them, they should should sort it

Lots more free money on the way for someone then! Pay off your debts with a printing press. Be a Govt and it's legal, be you or me and it's a fraud!

Lots more free money on the way for someone then! Pay off your debts with a printing press. Be a Govt and it's legal, be you or me and it's a fraud!

I think we all have gotta have Faith, while they're just Praying For Time.

(sorry george)

Vince aint going to be popular on this forum if he keeps dropping hints to Merv that maybe his assets could do with a boost from QE2.

Think he will get his way though. Far more important to prop up the wealth of the rich than worry about inflation. Let the poor eat f**king cake.

Very important to keep the little s**ts priced out and give their budgets a good seeing to.

Edited by crashmonitor

Times are going to get hard. Expect BIG inflation now.

They will punish the savers, steal their money, devalue the currency all for what..save the banks and let middle England think their house prices are still worth X hundred K.

£3.00 loaf round the corner

Once the savers/savings are destroyed...there will be nothing left.

Their idiotic ideas haven't work thus far, why do they think they will work now. Time for a change. Let the banks go. Bring in a free market. Whack up interest rates and make people earn their money.

Thankfully a lot of these "rich" people will loose out big time when gold collapses.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Times are going to get hard. Expect BIG inflation now.

They will punish the savers, steal their money, devalue the currency all for what..save the banks and let middle England think their house prices are still worth X hundred K.

£3.00 loaf round the corner

Once the savers/savings are destroyed...there will be nothing left.

Their idiotic ideas haven't work thus far, why do they think they will work now. Time for a change. Let the banks go. Bring in a free market. Whack up interest rates and make people earn their money.

Beware the wolf in sheeps clothing. Vince, once the hero is now zero IMO.

Beware the wolf in sheeps clothing. Vince, once the hero is now zero IMO.

He's in "power" now and is doing what he is told.

It's time we have a government that works for the 65 million rather than the 5000.

I've said it before and I will say it again....dont vote for the big three ( well big 2.5 ) parties come the next election.

We cannot and will not allow the economy to fall into a trap of stagnation," Cable said in a pamphlet for the CentreForum think tank outlining proposals to foster sustainable growth in Britain.

How can printing money be described as sustainable growth?

How can printing money be described as sustainable growth?

he means growth in money...thats what the measure with GDP after all, isnt it.

fiscal tightening (Osborne's w'ere all in this together austerity) / monetary easing (QE)

Not news is it?

So to keep demand up we print money.... When demand falls we print money to keep demand up...

This is only going to end one way as it has done throughout history. Printing money has never solved any economic problem.

Rather than calling for the printing of money it would make more sense to call for writing off debt (default) at least then we can get to the bottom of this enormous 5h1te pile.

fiscal tightening (Osborne's w'ere all in this together austerity) / monetary easing (QE)

Not news is it?

Nope.

Inflation is fine as long as those nasty working oiks can't have any.

Actons battle "People versus the banks", at last. It'll have to be because the alternative is slavery forever.

Fracking idiot. QE is the "cure" for deflation. We don't have deflation - we have inflation at target times 2.5! And now VC wants to pour petrol on the fire, to put it out?!

Gah! How thick are these people? The cure to our current situation is: austerity, balanced budget, debt repayment, and smashing the dolies off the welfare teat.

No incentive to work if their going to steal from ordinary people.

No incentive to start businesses because of the public sector's requirement for huge tax revenues.

No incentive to consume, see above.

Government and the public sector are barriers to growth. Why won't these fools tax unproductive income?

Thankfully a lot of these "rich" people will loose out big time when gold collapses.

Why such hatred for those of us holding gold? (I definitely wouldn't class myself as "rich").

threatening Britain's fragile recovery

What recovery? Based on what exactly?

So currency debasement is now bad for gold? Really?

Why such hatred for those of us holding gold? (I definitely wouldn't class myself as "rich").

Nor me.

There's still time to invest in silver I would have thought. A riskier punt but if St. Vince means what he says, maybe not.

There's still time to invest in silver I would have thought. A riskier punt but if St. Vince means what he says, maybe not.

I thought I'd missed the boat on gold, but now I'm thinking maybe not. If there's going to be no end to the money printing I need out. The CHFs have been a good investment but now they're locked to the euro future performance may be limited. Of course the lock may break. So I'm not selling up, but for the future: gold, or perhaps NOKs.

The trouble with silver is you pay VAT if you want physical delivery of amounts above the trivial. So you need 20% gain just to stand still. Otherwise I could be very interested in silver.

No incentive to work if their going to steal from ordinary people.

No incentive to start businesses because of the public sector's requirement for huge tax revenues.

No incentive to consume, see above.

Government and the public sector are barriers to growth. Why won't these fools tax unproductive income?

Or tax unproductive wealth like Gold, Silver and property.

Or tax unproductive wealth like Gold, Silver and property.

Only one of those is easily findable, and taxes on it will lower values, making things worse for the banksters.

The system really is ******ed.

Cable has repeatedly made the point that QE (if it comes again) should not be directed as before towards Gilt purchases.

A good point.

Until you start looking at where else it could go, and see it becomes an instant corruption-magnet.

A good point.

Until you start looking at where else it could go, and see it becomes an instant corruption-magnet.

That's the problem. Won't stop them trying.

No hatred what so-ever for the gold bugs.

Well done for buying into gold 4/5 years ago. You will always have made money ( much like those buying houses in 1998 ). Those buying gold in the last 12 months however...will loose their shirt when the price of gold is hammered down. This will happen, rest assured.

You mistake anyone who doesn't think gold will go up and up and up and stay high for ever as someone that hates you for buying gold. This was the same with the housing bubble. I dont hate anyone who bought a house in 1988 and lucked into a wedge of cash. I feel sorry for those that bought into the greed of the housing market in 2006 and have lost everything. :rolleyes:

Personally I wish you well of the gold.

More generally;

BTL'ers don't classifiy their property 'empire' as huge. There are some who hate them for their good fortune in making (unearned) profits by jumping on the bandwaggon at a fortunate time.

Bankers don't class their bonuses as large. There are some who hate them for their good fortune in finding a place to 'earn' large (unearned) bonuses.

People holding gold don't call themselves rich. There may well come to be people who hate them for their good fortune in making large (unearned) gains from their investments in gold.

Point being it tends to be the person doing the hating who decides how they classify those they hate. Profiting from a crash rarely makes one any more popular than those who profit from a boom.