House Price Crash Forum
cells

London Town The ***** Hole

You only really notice how crap a place is once you have been away for a while

Having been away for 6 months I pop into Tesco to buy some milk & the first thing I see is a big black man

Dressed as a ******ing

NINJA

Seriously. The best 'costume' I've ever seen. The only difference from a real ninja was that instead of a sward he has a thin black umbrella down his back. As far as umbrellas go it is the best imitation sward umbrella I've seen

After having paused and stared at him for 10seconds (everyone else not taking the slightest notice) I decide..meh...continue with my shopping

Only to see said big black ninja in another isle carrying a big Nazi swastika board along with his basket (did he know what is was the simble of?). Again I pause for 5 seconds & stare while my mind processes if he is crazy or stupid or a threat...meh

Anyhoo. Why do you all look depressed?

Why do you all walk & act in a pretend treating manner? Kids men women old people you all do this!?

also it seems eye contact or hello or thank you is frowned upon.

What the fook?

If you have a house in London sell it. Leave. Never cone back!

Or you & your kids will be angry unhappy ninjas

Having been away for 6 months I pop into Tesco to buy some milk & the first thing I see is a big black man

Dressed as a ******ing

NINJA

Seriously. The best 'costume' I've ever seen. The only difference from a real ninja was that instead of a sward he has a thin black umbrella down his back. As far as umbrellas go it is the best imitation sward umbrella I've seen

After having paused and stared at him for 10seconds (everyone else not taking the slightest notice) I decide..meh...continue with my shopping

Only to see said big black ninja in another isle carrying a big Nazi swastika board along with his basket (did he know what is was the simble of?). Again I pause for 5 seconds & stare while my mind processes if he is crazy or stupid or a threat...meh

Why do you all walk & act in a pretend treating manner? Kids men women old people you all do this!?

What the fook?

:lol:

What you've described is one reason I love London. The funniest bit is people pretending not to notice.

There are plenty of valid things wrong about London but I'm not sure the OP has pinpointed them. A real life pretend ninja - Cool - I wish I'd seen that. The whole pretending something bizarre is normal is definitely one of the good things about London. Often it's no pretense either - a lot of odd stuff is normal. I used to love seeing tourists who obviously thought they were being radical by dying their hair pink. Heck - I know a city lawyer who dyes hers purple. Even her bosses are cool with it (now - it did take a while).

A lot of people find London is the only place where they find acceptance and kinship.

It sure beats the gang of teenagers I saw in Wakefield yelling **** at an Asian guy out walking on his own last night or the crudely painted "No Polish" sign on the local canal. It's like taking a trip back to the 70s. There's much to like about the North but it's lack of acceptance of others doesn't do it any favours.

There are plenty of valid things wrong about London but I'm not sure the OP has pinpointed them. A real life pretend ninja - Cool - I wish I'd seen that. The whole pretending something bizarre is normal is definitely one of the good things about London. Often it's no pretense either - a lot of odd stuff is normal. I used to love seeing tourists who obviously thought they were being radical by dying their hair pink. Heck - I know a city lawyer who dyes hers purple. Even her bosses are cool with it (now - it did take a while).

A lot of people find London is the only place where they find acceptance and kinship.

It sure beats the gang of teenagers I saw in Wakefield yelling **** at an Asian guy out walking on his own last night or the crudely painted "No Polish" sign on the local canal. It's like taking a trip back to the 70s. There's much to like about the North but it's lack of acceptance of others doesn't do it any favours.

Londoners can be a miserable bunch though (although I don't think they have a monopoly on that in the UK).

What's a "sward"?

sward (swôrd) also swarth (swôr)

n.

1. Land covered with grassy turf.

2. A lawn or meadow.

[Middle English, from Old English sweard, skin.]

My garden henceforth shall be called my "sward".

Londoners can be a miserable bunch though (although I don't think they have a monopoly on that in the UK).

Unemployment in the North. A price well worth paying............?

Dressed as a ******ing

NINJA

What the fook?

awww...I thought you were going to say he was dressed as a nun! A nun would have been ok, wouldn't it? you would have encouraged us to stay in London if he were a nun, and then you could have told us we would all be happy and peaceful nuns...??

I don`t see the putting down of London as any different to Football supporters slagging off opposing teams.

London is great and shite

Manchester is great and shite

Liverpool is great and shite

-------------

-------------

London is the best shithole city in the uk. It`s the capital, It`s the biggest, most history, much more to do. With that comes more crime, more rubbish, more immigrants, traffic etc, etc, etc.

Yawn... :D

London does get you down sometimes. Was cycling home through Brixton yesterday, police had cordoned off the road I normally go down. There were police cars and plods in stab vests everywhere. Probably something violent. It happens every few months.

Dressed as a ******ing

NINJA

What the fook?

Lol, you should check out the people of Walmart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHLtc_4jot8&feature=fvst

Lots of good things about London as well as bad:

Good....you can act and dress how you want when you want and still look normal....nothing shocks.

Bad....every, what seems like five minutes 24/7 you hear a loud siren be it a ambulance, police car or fire engine....always something happening....nothing shocks. ;)

That seems like a bit of entertainment to me.

Why take it so seriously?

I live in London and I like it, overall. I don't like some things, of course, but what you describe is ok, imo.

It's not the ninja. He is probably just a crazy person about to snap and beat a few people with his umbrella

It's the angry depressed everyone hates everyone vibe you get that's odd. What's worse is I find myself imitating this when in London to 'fit in'

Why..surely you don't all hate each other.

I only sense this vibe in London & its enough to make me not like it here anymore

It's not the ninja. He is probably just a crazy person about to snap and beat a few people with his umbrella

It's the angry depressed everyone hates everyone vibe you get that's odd. What's worse is I find myself imitating this when in London to 'fit in'

Why..surely you don't all hate each other.

I only sense this vibe in London & its enough to make me not like it here anymore

Tell you what, don't bother coming to London then. I doubt anybody will care one here way or the other.

I have been to plenty of crap places in this country and around the world, never felt the need to tell people about it on an internet forum.

Myself and a group of friends brought the traffic to a standstill at Marble Arch on our way out for the evening, which is odd, because Londoners don't normally care, so it must have been out of towners going for a drive that night.

I love the NInja and I love the fact you can go shopping in Tesco's dressed as a ninja/flamingo/whatever you like.

That is WHY I live in London and I really really really struggle with how unaccepting people are from outside (generally).

Edited by Starla

:lol:

What you've described is one reason I love London. The funniest bit is people pretending not to notice.

this is not unusual in any big metropolitan city, Manchester, Leeds, Edinburgh, fancy dress happens

having said that in some parts of those places you go into a local pub in fancy dress and you come out dead, but I suspect that would be similar in some dodgy no-go parts of London too?