House Price Crash Forum

I just feel like getting as big a loan as I can get from a few different lenders, depositing it in one of these online share trading sites that give you 100:1 leverage, and using it to play with some leveraged funds.

I reckon I could probably get my hands on £50k "real" money,

That would be leveraged up to £5,000,000 for trading with.

A few leveraged trades and I could be a few million up on the deal before the month is out, and can then retire.

Either that, or I go out in a blaze of glory, declare bankruptcy and I'd be no worse off than I am at the minute. get a council house, live off benefits and potter round on my allotment without having the worries or pressures of work.

I just feel like getting as big a loan as I can get from a few different lenders, depositing it in one of these online share trading sites that give you 100:1 leverage, and using it to play with some leveraged funds.

A few leveraged trades and I could be a few million up on the deal before the month is out, and can then retire.

Either that, or I go out in a blaze of glory, declare bankruptcy and I'd be no worse off than I am at the minute. get a council house, live off benefits and potter round on my allotment without having the worries or pressures of work.

I often think the same Lepista. Moral hazard is what stops me actually doing it. How long does it take to rid yourself of bankruptcy these days before you can have another pop? It looks like entrepreneurs' relief was totally unnecessary.

Have to be a pretty sure thing though, Have anything in mind?

Nah, even if it were only a 5% chance, it's worth a pop.

Some shares are yo-yoing at50% of their price at the minute, in relatively short periods of time. As long as you hold your nerve, and buy / sell at the appropriate points, I'm sure you'd have a decent chance of pretty quickly building up a decent pot.

Heck, even just looking at the ftse, where its fluctuating between 5,000 or less (where the market is saying it should be), and 5,300 or more (as the state is trying to get it to) Just buy when it's less than 5,100 and sell when it's more than 5,200 and you'd probably be making a fortune at the minute.

Have to be a pretty sure thing though, Have anything in mind?

Double short the FTSE, ok the problem is that if it doesnt pop within a reasonable time frame the reverse compounding will eventually wipe you out.

Let us know how it goes, and good luck.

BTW, if you decide not to, I gather UBS have a vacancy for a trader that you might be qualified for.

Nah, even if it were only a 5% chance, it's worth a pop.

Some shares are yo-yoing at50% of their price at the minute, in relatively short periods of time. As long as you hold your nerve, and buy / sell at the appropriate points, I'm sure you'd have a decent chance of pretty quickly building up a decent pot.

Heck, even just looking at the ftse, where its fluctuating between 5,000 or less (where the market is saying it should be), and 5,300 or more (as the state is trying to get it to) Just buy when it's less than 5,100 and sell when it's more than 5,200 and you'd probably be making a fortune at the minute.

You are an Algorythm and I claim my 5ms

Sadly now you've told us your plan you would probably be up for fraud if you loose the money.

Had you put forward a coherent cohesive business plan that showed how you could never loose....you'd probably get a bailout if your company failed.

:blink:

Speculate on long-haul flight ticket prices. The discount airlines like you to book early - that makes their tickets the equivalent of futures contracts.

That way, if it all goes wrong you can just use the tickets - they'll never catch you and you can spend the rest of your days on the run living the life of an international businessman-millionaire.

I've never found a flaw in that plan and may execute it in the near future :unsure:

Foolproof....except if instead of going to 5,200 it crashes back to 3,500 or lower (which looks ever more likely as Greece slowly edges towards the cliff edge.

What kind of stop loss would you get, if you had 50K in cash and wanted to make £5,000,000.

If the FTSE 100 is going to go up 1,000 points from your buying to selling making you £5 Million it would leave you being wiped out

in the first few seconds of trading hitting the stop loss.

Foolproof....except if instead of going to 5,200 it crashes back to 3,500 or lower (which looks ever more likely as Greece slowly edges towards the cliff edge.

The plan would be paying dividends at the minute...