House Price Crash Forum
Austin Allegro

Your 100 Favourite Hpc Characters

I think we should have a thread based on reminiscences of our favourite HPC characters, in the style of those cheapo talking heads 'your 100 top embarrassing tv moments' type thing that keep Shane Ritchie's career going.

It can be HPC contributors, or characters in the wider world of HPC. Give us your favourite memories, jokes, anecdotes etc of these great HPC characters and the thread discussions they prompted.

For starters how about...

Fergus Wilson, aka 'Les Dawson without the laughs', the infamous Kentish (yes, I've spelt that correctly) maths teacher turned property developer.

'The Black Hyacinth Bouquet' - a lady on the Thamesmead estate whose newbuild property plummeted in value.

Sibley - everybody's favourite Maidstone-fixated troll.

I think we should have a thread based on reminiscences of our favourite HPC characters, in the style of those cheapo talking heads 'your 100 top embarrassing tv moments' type thing that keep Shane Ritchie's career going.

It can be HPC contributors, or characters in the wider world of HPC. Give us your favourite memories, jokes, anecdotes etc of these great HPC characters and the thread discussions they prompted.

For starters how about...

Fergus Wilson, aka 'Les Dawson without the laughs', the infamous Kentish (yes, I've spelt that correctly) maths teacher turned property developer.

'The Black Hyacinth Bouquet' - a lady on the Thamesmead estate whose newbuild property plummeted in value.

Sibley - everybody's favourite Maidstone-fixated troll.

What about Hamish or Columbo?

The "fight" between The Monkey and "Stone Cold" was one of the funniest things I've ever read on here.

(It's going back a few years in case you've no idea who The Monkey was.)

Sadly it seems to have vanished.

Hmm, let's see. I've only been here a year, but the following have made an impression:

Redhatsly - for digging up the dirt on how much CEOs of struggling companies are earning

Si1 - for cutting to the chase with those whose posts don't make sense (I've probably narrowly escaped that a few times)

Beccles - for the avatar of the whingeing blonde

RealistBear - for consistently posting articles that others have already posted (he's always civil though and gets far more slack than I think he deserves)

TheMaskedTulip - for his stories about visiting EAs and insight into the Welsh market

General Congreve - for staying on message day in, day out. He posts about house prices sometimes too

Erranta - enough said

FreeTrader - for providing indepth knowledge when the FTSE's falling

TimeBandit - for ringing in during live radio interviews and calling 5Live's Nolan gullible on air

TheBoltonFury - for rightly pointing out on threads about falling indices that we're still nowhere near a proper crash

InterestRateRipOff - for his thread about paying off his mortgage with money found on the street (and his contributions to the off-topic dance music thread - ditto for DTMark)

KenIchikawa - for that cannibal thread

EricPickles - for highlighting the crime that was (and still is) liar loans

There's a few for starters...

Edited by rantnrave

Making any kind of list is bound to exclude someone I'll wish I'd put in it. I used to frequent the board a lot and went away for quite a while, so I missed a fair bit.

In addition to the list above... this week's nominations, in no particular order...

AteMoose

John Steed

Everyone who replied to the dance music and Sci Fi books threads.

Injin, for making me challenge my own views and making me think in ways I might not have done before.

Trickster for being interesting.

ccc for making me laugh out loud on more than one occasion.

Bingley Bloke for his response to an opening post in this thread - one of the funniest things I ever read on here (RichM I'm so sorry to bring that one back up!) - also see the last post on that page for some more comedy.

Bart for being a fellow Whovian, and one of some distinction

Midly off topic - but - is there any get together planned at any point? After you've debated with people for seven years it might be nice to meet face to face...

Edited by DTMark

Bruno

Anything by Erranta

Mr Parry

If I was a character I would be an 'E'

I nominate Dogbox - who's wild investment ideas around the hot-spots of Europe caused hrs of amusement!

He ended up as a 'captured' sex slave of an overweight Bulgarian gypsy fortuneteller last time he managed to get a post out after being lured there by adverts for "much cheap investmented properties free cheese and wine"