House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greenfroggy_101

Bbc Northern Ireland - Diary Of A Ftb

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4207926.stm

The search for a home continues for BBC Northern Ireland's Kevin McCauley, an enthusiastic first time buyer. In the final part of his house-hunting diary, he charts the trials and tribulations to be overcome before finally becoming a home owner in Belfast.

This story shows how the market is currently going in NI. NI is probably going to be hit hard as it hasn't had the boom to bust scenario before.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4207926.stm

The search for a home continues for BBC Northern Ireland's Kevin McCauley, an enthusiastic first time buyer. In the final part of his house-hunting diary, he charts the trials and tribulations to be overcome before finally becoming a home owner in Belfast.

This story shows how the market is currently going in NI. NI is probably going to be hit hard as it hasn't had the boom to bust scenario before.

Here's hoping that he didn't go and read this yesterday:

Would-be house buyers should tread carefully

I know a few people have been vocal outside this website, but perhaps more of us could send in letters like the above to papers, magazines etc. From what I've witnessed people buy houses with a very limited understanding of how financing, mortgages, interest rates and the like work. I've come to realize that the majority just act on herd instinct. I quite happily admit that I got mildly burnt on this dot com business, which gave me enough of a kick up the **** to look into the housing markets and what's going on before I bought. And I’m so glad I did. Perhaps a few more letters out there would at least give others the chance to understand what they're committing themselves to.

diary exerts.

day one.

got up. had some soda bread. went down the falls road to o'malleys real estate.

looked at some burnt out properties on the shankhill road. decided to go to shillalies for a pint and a think.

day two.

didnt bother with looking for a house. went to shillalies instead.

day three.

ea called this morning to tell me the house id put an offer in had been blown to bits by accident.

ended up at shillalies.

day four.

applied at the UDA no surrender housing association and again at Huns for Homes on the other side of town. i took both my orangeman badge as well as my free derry pass just in case. i also took one of those daily mirror union jack hats to cover all bases in case i ran into paisley and had to sit through an half hour of lambasting dictat.

day five

came to my sensses and moved to boston..

diary exerts.

day one.

looked at some burnt out properties on the shankhill road. decided to go to shillalies for a pint and a think.

day two.

day three.

ea called this morning to tell me the house id put an offer in had been blown to bits by accident.

ended up at shillalies.

day four.

applied at the UDA no surrender housing association and again at Huns for Homes on the other side of town. i took both my orangeman badge as well as my free derry pass just in case. i also took one of those daily mirror union jack hats to cover all bases in case i ran into paisley and had to sit through an half hour of lambasting dictat.

day five

lol!

:D:D:D

diary exerts.

day one.

day two.

day three.

ended up at shillalies.

day four.

day five

It's not all doom and gloom - a lot of people have a great quality of life over there:

Belfast

Mansion